GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non race car engine mount recommendation

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I have been looking at a new set of motor mounts. I was looking at the 034 street density mounts as well as their billet mounts. I would like to go rubber over poly mounts.

Can anyone recommend a good set of mounts?

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
I'm happy with my 034 street density mounts. Small increase in idle vibration. Driving around they feel like the stock mounts, in a good way.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have been looking at a new set of motor mounts. I was looking at the 034 street density mounts as well as their billet mounts. I would like to go rubber over poly mounts.

Can anyone recommend a good set of mounts?

I ran 034 Street Density mounts for 4 years and was very happy with them. Even with the increased power of the K04 they kept eveything in place without providing much of an increase in noise and vibration

I recently pulled the motor and could see the motor and trans mounts were worn and at end of life. For this new build I am going for power and noise/vibration are just going to be what they are. The balance shafts are coming out and I am going with the more aggressive 034 billet mounts.

You will be happy with the 034 street density mounts.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sounds like you may want 034 street desity...I have all three BSH mounts. Barely felt any increase in vibration when first installed them, but now there is a noticeable but light amount of vibes. I still love them with this K04, and these mounts are what finally eliminated all wheel hop.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Probably going with 034's mounts - kinda sorta wish they were better looking after getting back from a show last weekend.

Not really a fan of poly on street cars.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Right, the 034's look oem and the poly, my BSH, look very smart. I don't find myself paying them any attention, but if I do think about it and try noticing them I can barely tell if there is vibration and noise...it's so minimal. Kinda want to know how your 034's are at wheel hop...as I'm certain they'll be quiet and smooth.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Right, the 034's look oem and the poly, my BSH, look very smart. I don't find myself paying them any attention, but if I do think about it and try noticing them I can barely tell if there is vibration and noise...it's so minimal. Kinda want to know how your 034's are at wheel hop...as I'm certain they'll be quiet and smooth.

I was running 034 and had zero wheel hop but I also have a full compliment of poly bushings from front to back of suspension.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Going to swap solid s3 bushings in with passat aluminum control arms Wheel hop is'nt terrible but 10 year old stock mounts are not helping. I have a poly dogbone insert that helped a lot.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I was running 034 and had zero wheel hop but I also have a full compliment of poly bushings from front to back of suspension.

That's very good to know...not only for myself in the future but for others.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
Question? anyone has experienced with CTS engine mount?
Why you chosen 034 over CTS?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I prefer the original, plenty of people have run 034's mounts and they are known to be good parts.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Knockoffs generally are cheaper.

eiresgaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody had experience with both the BSH and the 034 mounts? I have the BSH mounts install about 6 months now, and I'm getting pretty over the vibration as well as the noise.

Cruising at 70/75 mph the noise from the engine is driving me mad, would the street density 034 mounts be any different? Or am I going crazy?

Looking at BSH's website now, have they changed their mounts? The pictures are now all solid black mounts whereas mine are orange in the middle. Poly vs rubber?