GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaking grease

Maximum6

FASTER
What is this part of the car where im leaking grease? Its the center of the car right by the dsg transmission. It sprayed a line of silvery paste on the sway bar and heat shield from the exhaust. Trying to upload photos

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
^That^ If you replace the boot ASAP, you might be able to get by with a cheap repair. Otherwise, if it's been torn for very long at all, dirt/rocks/debris from the road will get stuck in the grease and will cause the CV joint to fail within time.

Maximum6

FASTER
Its not torn boot. Its more like where the triple square bolts are... but the next layer over. Maybe there is suppose to be a gasket there. Passenger side axle was replaced by a raxle part on june of 2016.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I have the same leak, sprays a thin line on the axle heat shield. It comes out on the area below.(pic is driver side but same place) If it makes you feel better I've been driving with this leak for over a year including like 30+ drag strip launches with no ill effects or sounds yet. I'm planning to replace the axle eventually.

Attachments

• 1K0407271NP-2.jpg
    1K0407271NP-2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 179

Maximum6

FASTER
I have the same leak, sprays a thin line on the axle heat shield. It comes out on the area below.(pic is driver side but same place) If it makes you feel better I've been driving with this leak for over a year including like 30+ drag strip launches with no ill effects or sounds yet. I'm planning to replace the axle eventually.

Was told by my installer who used to work for vw/audi shops that this leak is common and even on 6 month old cars. He said there shouldnt be any problems.
Still waiting for a response from raxle to see what they say

Maximum6

FASTER
Got off the phone with Marty at Raxle. He says He puts extra grease in that area and the pressure essentially pushed the excess out. Confirmed by marty and my mechanic that there are no problems here.