GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG fluid

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
So i took some DSG fluid from my transmission it looks like this. Is it safe to change?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
What do you mean "is it safe to change?" Do you know when it was last changed? If you don't then by all means change it!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Always safe to change.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you are showing us the color of the fluid asking if it looks worn or whatever? I know with engine oil it can change over time, from honey like to coffee like.

If that's what your getting at then I doubt you know when it was changed last. DSG Fluid has more to do with service life rather than color. So if you don't know when it was changed last you're MUCH better off changing it now and then keeping track of the mileage until next change.

langer

i fix teefs
Yikes, I've done both my dsg services myself and the fluid was pretty darn clear. I'm thinking yours has never been changed.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Yikes, I've done both my dsg services myself and the fluid was pretty darn clear. I'm thinking yours has never been changed.
Yeah i bought the car and that was the first thing that came to my mind. So might as well change it now

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk