GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Key Fob and Arming Issuss

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I recently changed the battery in my key fob but these issues still exist and seem to occur more frequently.

Pressing lock on the fob only occasionally locks the car and doesn't always beep the horn. I've also noticed that pressing the unlock button on the driver's door doesn't unlock the passenger door.

It's kind of all over the place and now not just from the key fob. What do you guys think the issue is? 07 rabbit 2 door with 129k miles.

mk5giddy

Car(s)
2007 GTI w/ DSG
Sounds like a bad passenger door latch maybe. Does the passenger door always lock/unlock using the passenger switch? Or is the passenger door intermittently not locking and unlocking regardless of which switch or remote is used?

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
It's intermittent and regardless of switch or remote. It's not just the passenger side as it turns out. The lights will flash and nothing will lock now sometimes. Or I'll think it's locked (no beep though) and the driver's door is wide open. Or it'll appear locked, I pull the handle to check and the door is unlocked but the alarm goes off.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I have the same issue with my rear passenger side door. The locking mechanism is stuck and wont lock. What I usually do to fix this is pull the door handle from inside and that usually resets the lock.

DwayneLogan!

I've been having similar issues with the driver door. The door won't lock when I use the fob and the horn won't beep, but the alarm will arm.

Sometimes the doors locks when I use the fob, but most of the time it does not. I've just gotten used to locking the door by key and that works just fine.

I've been told it's a faulty door wiring harness, but they are a little pricey. (in canada all parts are pricey when they come from outside the country)

pb4ugoout

Ready to race!
I've been having similar issues with the driver door. The door won't lock when I use the fob and the horn won't beep, but the alarm will arm.

Sometimes the doors locks when I use the fob, but most of the time it does not. I've just gotten used to locking the door by key and that works just fine.

I've been told it's a faulty door wiring harness, but they are a little pricey. (in canada all parts are pricey when they come from outside the country)

I can say with 99% certainty that you're problem is the door latch mechanism itself. Do yourself a favor. Suck it up and spend the $125 to buy one on Amazon and take a few hours to do the replacement. It's not difficult, it just takes a little patience and a cool head. I had the same symptoms with my driver door. Replaced the latch and voila. All is right with the world again.

https://goo.gl/BPONW6

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Wow, really? Come on dude. Just because you're some entitled millennial didn't mean you can toss that word around.

Not randomly tossing it around. It's reserved for stupid people who bitch and moan better than they can read.