GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Refreshed my water meth system with new reservoir, fittings, lines, jets and pump.... Unfortunately I used w/m that was stored in a container that had foreign particles in it, clogged up everything.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
with the subframe out it comes out in 2 seconds literally.. if you leave subframe in you remove axle cup and it slides out. definitely easier with the subframe out

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
with the subframe out it comes out in 2 seconds literally.. if you leave subframe in you remove axle cup and it slides out. definitely easier with the subframe out

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why I'm pulling the subframe out. That and because I want to do the FSB anyhow. Adam (live4something) was saying he found that removing the steering linkage inside the car (floorboard) made it much easier to drop the subframe.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looked at her with a tear in my eye and whispered to her"...soon...soon.."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Oil and filter change at the dealer.

97K miles and going strong! However was informed one of the CV boots has a slight tear but other than that "clean car" from the tech :)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
If this is your first one, that's great. I think I've had 3 put on already haha. I love getting the clean car comment, too!

Serious?! Shit my car has 152k on it and I just did my first outer boot on the passenger side last spring at ~140k. In all fairness, the driver side axle was replaced altogether at around 130k due my me being a dumbass not torquing it down fully after doing the clutch and it popping off at 70mph on the highway a few thousand miles later.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Serious?! Shit my car has 152k on it and I just did my first outer boot on the passenger side last spring at ~140k. In all fairness, the driver side axle was replaced altogether at around 130k due my me being a dumbass not torquing it down fully after doing the clutch and it popping off at 70mph on the highway a few thousand miles later.

I only speak the truth haha.

Now, granted, the third one was put on a few days after the second because of a dumb ass tech at the Savannah dealership that royally messed it up. Dude didn't put have all the bolts back in and didn't tighten the boot down all the way. He also stripped one of the bolts. Got all my money back for that repair after a nicely (read: angry) worded letter.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Used a cheap r134a refill (Refrigerant only, no oil or leak stopper kit) to top off my A/C system because I lost my nice manifold set somewhere when I moved recently.

Works better than I ever recall it, yay for half assing it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Used a cheap r134a refill (Refrigerant only, no oil or leak stopper kit) to top off my A/C system because I lost my nice manifold set somewhere when I moved recently.

Works better than I ever recall it, yay for half assing it.

I was just looking at one of those a few days ago and considering it. The A/C Pro can that's like $35?