GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

weird "dang dang " noise from HPFP

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
weird "dang dang " noise from HPFP;

just replace the hpfp cam follower, when i start the engine, the hpfp comes a strange "dang dang dang" metal knocking sounds, it last for seconds and then gone.
is this normal as i just replace the cam follower , or any potential issues may have?

Thanks for you input

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Did you turn on ignition(do not start engine), wait 5 seconds, and turn the key to off...repeat 4-5 times before starting the engine? Not sure if this is required or will even help, but someone posted you should do this after replacing the CF. Worth a try, although I never do those steps and never had the noise.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Did you turn on ignition(do not start engine), wait 5 seconds, and turn the key to off...repeat 4-5 times before starting the engine? Not sure if this is required or will even help, but someone posted you should do this after replacing the CF. Worth a try, although I never do those steps and never had the noise.

You should just do this to restore the fuel pressure (assuming you need to remove the hose from the pump, only necessary if you have the banjo bolt). Otherwise it might just not start at first try.

Did you put oil on the new CF?

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
You should just do this to restore the fuel pressure (assuming you need to remove the hose from the pump, only necessary if you have the banjo bolt). Otherwise it might just not start at first try.

Did you put oil on the new CF?

didnt do that
neither of them.....lol