2009 TR GTI
2nd favorite MKV GTI after mine of course LOL

good work

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Many more picture updates and part additions! :D

I know this is bringing this thread back to life, but what size tires are you using? I assume stock 225/40-18 since your list doesn't say, if so, how do they work with the 8.5" wheels?

Thanks!

Last edited:

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!
I know this is bringing this thread back to life, but what size tires are you using? I assume stock 225/14-18 since your list doesn't say, if so, how do they work with the 8.5" wheels?

Thanks!

Sorry about the long reply, totally didn't see this pop up!

Yeah, I'm running 225/40/18's on the 18x8.5's and it's been flawless really. There was some rolling of fenders and some fender liner that had to be removed, but other than that, even under load I've not had any issues save for one, when I had about 50 desktop PC's and 50 LCD Monitors in the car, and, it rubbed a bit... but... that's not really the wheels fault, lol :biggrin:

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Sorry about the long reply, totally didn't see this pop up!

Yeah, I'm running 225/40/18's on the 18x8.5's and it's been flawless really. There was some rolling of fenders and some fender liner that had to be removed, but other than that, even under load I've not had any issues save for one, when I had about 50 desktop PC's and 50 LCD Monitors in the car, and, it rubbed a bit... but... that's not really the wheels fault, lol :biggrin:

Was looking back in to this and could have sworn I replied back. Sorry man! Thanks for that info. So how do you like the VMR wheels? Balancing ok, wheel finish etc? I'm really thinking about using these but I think I may go with the driver gear springs. I'm not sure I want the maintenance of coil-overs. But on that note, how do they ride? Compared to stock that is.