GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Adam, I put VWR springs on the MK7 this weekend and it was a breeze. For the fronts I used the 2x4 method and it worked like a charm, just remove 2 bolts and jack the strut out. Hell, you don't even need a spring compressor. Rides like stock, I would suggest going the VWR springs route.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Adam, I put VWR springs on the MK7 this weekend and it was a breeze. For the fronts I used the 2x4 method and it worked like a charm, just remove 2 bolts and jack the strut out. Hell, you don't even need a spring compressor. Rides like stock, I would suggest going the VWR springs route.

Thanks, man. Yeah, still planning on VWR. Good to know it's an easy process. I really don't want to pay someone to do it.

I got my OBDeleven in the mail on Friday and turned off the soundaktor. Night and day difference in Sport and Manual modes. Next I need to work on the mirror dip in reverse, but I don't have a memory module in the passenger door, so it may be more work than it's worth.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Blaine hydroplaned and slid into the back of his girlfriends car, totaled his FRS, bought a 2017 BRZ.

You're welcome.(that's really what happened, he told the group chat on FB)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
What he should have done is buy back his old one and build a racecar (broken record... I know). I'm just sad to see it go.