GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

Subie2013

Humble yourself
We just chillin, bullshittin. I recently came back on as wel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the only forum I've ever been on where like 15 guys have stayed for years. Wish this thing was hopping like it was back in the day. Where if you weren't around you were 20 pages behind and all you could say was fuck it, too much to read.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Most have moved on to other platforms. The people with their mkvs still seem to be doing full retard builds. Mine will be back up and running in the next month.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Most have moved on to other platforms. The people with their mkvs still seem to be doing full retard builds. Mine will be back up and running in the next month.

Yea, actually the STI went through another engine failure(surprise lol) but it's getting built this time. Getting the engine back today.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yea, actually the STI went through another engine failure(surprise lol) but it's getting built this time. Getting the engine back today.

I'm kinda glad my Subie is gone sometimes.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Back in Illinois, you still living with the Asians?
You happier? What are you doing now for work? And yep, still living with Rus and Nick.
Wow...fuck that noise.
Lol, first one failed under warranty so it wasn't that bad. Everything was taken care of. This one has been a huge project. Setting everything up for 500whp. Right now the only things I don't have are EL headers, FMIC, and my turbo. Going to break it in on the stock stuff and make sure everything is golden.
I'm kinda glad my Subie is gone sometimes.
You miss it, but having a taco is better in my opinion.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Hope it works out for you. Buddy of mine had a WRX that he converted into an STI (engine, drivetrain, everything else) and he was pushing over 600awhp. He finally went to the Evo world after his 3rd or 4th engine. Granted the Evo was never 100% bulletproof, but at 550-600 it was pretty good. It started giving him issues when he was pushing 42-43psi on his 6266 and I'm guessing 800-850whp (2.0L).

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Hope it works out for you. Buddy of mine had a WRX that he converted into an STI (engine, drivetrain, everything else) and he was pushing over 600awhp. He finally went to the Evo world after his 3rd or 4th engine. Granted the Evo was never 100% bulletproof, but at 550-600 it was pretty good. It started giving him issues when he was pushing 42-43psi on his 6266 and I'm guessing 800-850whp (2.0L).

Honestly, most people in my power range don't have a lot of issues with built engines. If they are done correctly a lot of them last. I'm shooting for 480whp on E85. So high 300's on 91oct. Even if I have another engine failure, that wasn't the majority of the cost. It was all the little items, injectos, clutches, etc, etc.

I love Evo's, but I couldn't ever daily drive one. It sounds fucking horrible.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah he doesn't daily his old 9. He has an Evo 4 now. Well, technically it's a Mirage but the previous owner bought an Evo 4 and literally swapped everything over besides the dashboard (it's still LHD). Going to be a wicked restoration when he's through with it.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
(bringing this over to this page if everyone skips over it.)
Yeah he doesn't daily his old 9. He has an Evo 4 now. Well, technically it's a Mirage but the previous owner bought an Evo 4 and literally swapped everything over besides the dashboard (it's still LHD). Going to be a wicked restoration when he's through with it.
Makes sense. Weird how a car is a few different cars in different countries. Like is a mirage a lancer in Aus or something.