GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
hell of a deal for grand, definitely get the HTA facelift.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Decent. What tune

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Still undecided, been talking to Driver Motorsport. Seem to think 400whp is within range on an otherwise stock-ish TSI. I'm a big fan of their customer service so far.

UM was my first pick, but they don't offer TSI tuning yet.

hell of a deal for grand, definitely get the HTA facelift.

Hard to find any real info on this turbo, but I'm excited for it.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Still undecided, been talking to Driver Motorsport. Seem to think 400whp is within range on an otherwise stock-ish TSI. I'm a big fan of their customer service so far.

UM was my first pick, but they don't offer TSI tuning yet.

Hard to find any real info on this setup, but I'm excited for it.

the gentleman that Mrbikle bought his GT28rs of off, was putting down 380ish with a tsi power plant. no clue if those number where pump gas, w/m, or race gas though.
My experince with the GT28Rs on Mrbikle's FSI jetta, (Stock CR, stock head, and stock cat-back) with 93 octane peaking at 23 psi and tappering 19 psi we where puttng down 320-330 whp 280-300 wtq. we did installed a 3'' cat-back and w/m , so we will have to redyno after i finish his maf tune.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Just got off the phone with HTA. They offer billet rebuilds of this turbo to 2868, 2871, and 2873.

I used to have a standard 2871r and enjoyed the characteristics, thoughts? Keep in mind I'm TSI and pretty much fuel limited to 400whp.

Any more info on this hta upgrade?

700 bux for a billet upgrade. The disassemble the turbo clean and inspect it. Then if the chra is in good condition they slap on a wheel of your choice, and u get a new compressor cover as well.

Their turn around time sometimes is lengthy if theyre busy, but they are one of the top notch aftermarket turbo people.

Even a few reps from garrett spoke highly of them.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Bigger is better. Always

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
And I have a gt2860.... Way too small

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI