GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Changed the oil yesterday and installed the delrin bushings that eurocars made.

What a bitch and a half because the front section was stripped out in the transmission. I ended up using a longer bolt with the same thread, but need to helicoil it.

I think what originally happened is the washer that goes in between the top delrin bushing and the transmission created a 1/4" gap in the front mount. When I originally tightened it down when first doing the mount a few years back, it held. Over time, there was pressure "pulling" on the front piece because the center piece was slightly lower. When I took it apart yesterday, the front one was hand tight. Then, I saw the culprit with the hole itself being stripped.

Luckily, my dad keeps bolts and he had a very similar bolt from his old Mk1 Cabby that was just a little bit longer, so it was able to bite into the metal after taking that washer out and things meshed up good. I still want to helicoil it down the road.

Old bushings:

Very nice.

DeKees1

Classic Licking Import
Car(s)
2 door Rabbit
Sunday - have been having issues with rear wiper turning on randomly. Don't care for it so I unplugged it till I get a plug from urotuning. Then desided for the time being it's going to pee or "tailgate defence". Clean the inside and sprayed my sister in the face with windshield washer from the rear of the rabbit.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Sunday - have been having issues with rear wiper turning on randomly. Don't care for it so I unplugged it till I get a plug from urotuning. Then desided for the time being it's going to pee or "tailgate defence". Clean the inside and sprayed my sister in the face with windshield washer from the rear of the rabbit.

just delete it all together.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Grilled some natural casing weiners with the dub.

...and beer naturally.

I thought for sure I'd scroll down and see VW Driver Gear BBQ set...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
I noticed my suppliers in the uk. (Awesomegti.co.uk) have just started to supply that same dv. Not read or heard anything about it but good to see still more product options are being released for our platform.

DeKees1

Classic Licking Import
Car(s)
2 door Rabbit

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Crop dusted the freshly washed white car behind me b/c he was on my ass the whole until the light. He backed off after that. Hahaha

RoxanneIsMyFAST

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Car got towed, picked it up, washed it, got new endlinks in the mail, now im looking for an exhaust set-up

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
4 door MKV's especially in TR are somewhat of a rarity in my city. I found one today, sadly I wasn't in my GTI.

Here's a comparison anyway: