GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Me vs Mazda Speed 3

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Pretty sure the 2nd gen has less favorable gearing than the 1G though.

Also, I've had mixed results running speed 3s. I gradually pulled a 2G I presume was stock from about 70-120, when I was S2+, and lost pretty conclusively in a couple 40/50ish rolls to a tuned 2G when I was newly K04'd.
They're fast unreliable monsters that's for sure

Criz90

enjoying BT
I wonder if these are the same two cars from my town, if so, story is legit since I heard it from both parties -_- wondered how the results were possible since there are plenty of YouTube videos to show true results.

unnnaturall

Pretty sure the 2nd gen has less favorable gearing than the 1G though.

Also, I've had mixed results running speed 3s. I gradually pulled a 2G I presume was stock from about 70-120, when I was S2+, and lost pretty conclusively in a couple 40/50ish rolls to a tuned 2G when I was newly K04'd.

Yes the 1st and 2nd gen differ in gearing

And the first gen doesn't have limited boost in the 1st 3 gears.

unnnaturall

I wonder if these are the same two cars from my town, if so, story is legit since I heard it from both parties -_- wondered how the results were possible since there are plenty of YouTube videos to show true results.

Perfect timing, and yeah same cars

Last edited:

unnnaturall

Dont give too much location info. I thought the ms3 had accessport and tuned himself not an ots tune.

True true
When we ran the first time he had no tune, when we ran the second time it was ots
And now At the moment it's a tweaked map that he did himself

Last edited:

VTAK

Then your friend cant drive.....Are you DSG or 6MT?

A tuned MS3 should shit all over an essentially stock GTI from a roll.

This was my stage 2 setup(at that time) vs my boys Mazdaspeed 3 + intake from a low speed 2nd gear roll.

Now same day(well night) on the highway against him, but camera guy switched to my car. BONE STOCK besides intake vs my strong running stage 2.

hey guys. i'm the guy with the ms3 in the story. i'm not gonna shit on his story and whatnot i'm not one of this thickheaded cocksuckers that talk shit no matter what.

the first time we ran we were both stock just intake, I was getting bogging because during installation of my intake the breather tube was pinched and Unnnaturall can tell you because he's driven the car when I had the problem.
I like to let people go first during the 3 honks because I know that when I win there's no excuses. we did the 3 honks and I waited to hear his car go then I gunned it. 2nd gear he got about half a car ahead then we hit 3rd he got about another half car (now 1 car ahead) towards the end of 3rd he didn't gain on me and I somewhat started to come back but we slowed down for a light. then the 2nd time we rand he had his listed mods I have and still have, intake, rear motor mount, and stage 1 ots tune from accesport. I do have a tweaked version for my car but i'm still running stock fuel pump internals so i'm on ots map to not go zoom zoom boom. we did a 3rd gear pull and stayed neck till the end of 3rd then I inched up shifted into 4th then started to creep away, then 5th . by the end I was about 1 car ahead. gti's are under estimated I love the cars ( especially the heated seats....lucky fuckers) and yes I do know how to dirve I do compete with the car. i'm not saying i'm the best driver out there but i'm not an idiot when it comes to shifting.

Car(s)
Subaru
ok, you should still walk a k03 gti. tsiug is a k04, much like your k04, but just a hair bigger. have you checked for boost leaks or anything? or is that tune just really that safe?

VTAK

ok, you should still walk a k03 gti. tsiug is a k04, much like your k04, but just a hair bigger. have you checked for boost leaks or anything? or is that tune just really that safe?

yea it actually is :(
from factory our fuel pump isn't that great. so when we ran it the first time I was kind of handicapped + letting him go first + pinched breather tube. the first gen speed 3's have shorter gear ratios which helps them a lot and through tuning wise their fueling logic is different from the 2nd gen. I have no boost leaks or anything like that. everything is fine since I fixed that tube... now back to the ots map. it only leans out the afr and raises the boost by 1 psi. it's not that big of a difference. and at the time I hade no after market motor mounts btw which will cause bogging when shifting which SUCKS! lol I know it sounds like i'm making excuses but the new gen speed3's have so many limitations it's stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8_3GIYYik

that's what the original oem motor mount does lol it felt horrible.

Last edited:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I still feel like a ko4 pushing 17.5 psi vs a car with the same weight only ko3 pushing like 12psi? Should have zero problem beating it. Honestly I can't really believe this story.

Car(s)
Subaru
even aftermarket fuel pumps suck on the mazda side of things. mazda has it rough in a lot of ways really. ive read tunes are starting to get better about their timing and the ots tunes are getting safer for you guys though

VTAK

I still feel like a ko4 pushing 17.5 psi vs a car with the same weight only ko3 pushing like 12psi? Should have zero problem beating it. Honestly I can't really believe this story.

it's hard to believe lol I know but I wouldn't lie. I initially held 14.5psi boost now with the ots map i'm 15.2-15.5 sometimes spiking 16+psi the 17.5 was the highest I've spiked which is useless. I never ran a 17.5 psi setup. Red5pade, yea we have all this aftermarket support lol but no fueling alternatives, we don't even have aftermarket injectors. if we go crazy we usually end up needing a 5th port or go on corn juice. and to make it funny the aftermarket fuel pump for us is the same fuel pump you guys have in the mkv and all the audi's :( as far as tsi motors

Car(s)
Subaru
it's hard to believe lol I know but I wouldn't lie. I initially held 14.5psi boost now with the ots map i'm 15.2-15.5 sometimes spiking 16+psi the 17.5 was the highest I've spiked which is useless. I never ran a 17.5 psi setup. Red5pade, yea we have all this aftermarket support lol but no fueling alternatives, we don't even have aftermarket injectors. if we go crazy we usually end up needing a 5th port or go on corn juice. and to make it funny the aftermarket fuel pump for us is the same fuel pump you guys have in the mkv and all the audi's :( as far as tsi motors

but yours holds to a higher rpm while a k03 will drop to 8psi by redline. i believe you, just seems like something else may have caused you to lose

unlike the mazda forums where 99% of them think they have the fastest cars out there, 99% of us know we have a slow car :thumbsup: