GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tsunami keep away from shore!!!

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
Watched the surges here in Half Moon Bay/El Granada after moving our cars and belongings up hill (Voluntary Evacuation was in effect).
Nothing too serious, our harbor faired well. As far as I know the most damage has been from dirty harbor water/sediment flowing out into the bay.
As most of you have seen/heard on the local news Santa Cruz and Crescent City's harbors got hit pretty bad.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Seems Hawaii and Westcoast had caution and evacuation, no one seems hurt and had damage.

That time I was in Tokyo, 500 miles away, I couldn't even stand still while earth shaking. We evacuated our office, stayed out for an hour to see it stables. All trains, subways, highways are closed, even cellphone and SMS were down, couldn't contact with my family. It took me almost 6 hours walking back home. Glad my son and wife were safe. Still cellphones are difficult to engage, but internet is fine.

After the sun rise, as you've seen on TV, 400 deaths, 800 missing. There are new information that 2-300 bodies washed up at the beach, so the numbers of deaths are increasing. We also have problem of nuclear powerplant, one of them are having trouble cooling and de-pressuring the reactor.

On the news, hundreds of Infinity G/M/FX/EX, and R35 GT-R washed by tsunami and burned by fire. Nissan and Toyota have assembly lines around there, so it may affect delivery delay. Sorry for those ppl whose waiting for their car.

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
800 missing, 2-300 boddies washed up on shore, difficulty cooling a nuclear reactor....... I'm preaty sure no one gives a f___ about the late delivery of their Infinity.... Glad to hear you and your family are O.K.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, they certainly shouldn't. :frown:

Glad to hear that you and your loved ones are unscathed, and my heart goes out to Japanese everywhere for what lies ahead for them. Seems like everyone would be affected by a disaster of this magnitude... especially if either of those nuclear power plants run out of control.