guilford32

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
"Through some inside sources at VW it has been confirmed by VWFixx.com that VW of America WILL be bringing the New Scirocco to the states. Initial word is that the car will be sold as a 2010 model most likely in the Late Spring of 2009. It will be limited to about 5000 cars similar to the R32."

I think late spring passed!

adrock3000

uber n00b
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
got any real evidence? nothing personal, i just don't trust a forum post from last november.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Hmm.. ill wait until it's REALLY official and I see it in the U.S. because there was a lot of speculation of it not coming here and they said that it wont.. etc. so we'll see

ImmenseGTi

Rubber Ducky
As much as I want to see the Scirocco here in the states, I really don't believe it's coming. Unless, VW officially announces that its coming.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
The source thread post date is from 2008, is this still valid?

Short answer: No

Longer answer (April 6th 2009): http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/06/its-official-volkswagen-not-bringing-scirocco-to-u-s/

"We just got off the phone with Tom Wegehaupt, Volkswagen' of America's public relations coordinator, and he has given us an on-the-record confirmation that the car will not be coming to the U.S. Apparently, the business case just couldn't be made for the car, what with fears of the model cannibalizing sales of the forthcoming GTI and the health of the auto market."

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
I was stuck in a trafic jam for about 20 mins. Two lanes over was a Scirocco and right infront of it was a volvo. (c30?) I had lots of time to look at both cars. Their lines are so so so similar. I actualy think the volvo is cooler. That retro p1800esque rear hatch is awesome. Sorry for the buzz kill.