GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping / Brokage Fee ?!

Lemon

Ready to race!
Have you guys tried to order suspension from online (US) ??
I would like to know how much is the average Brokage Fee(UPS) when you receive the package. Please share what you know :biggrin:
Or you guys suggest buying the parts in local ?

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
In my expierence it is always much more expensive to recieve items from the US, via UPS. USPS seems to take a little longer, but is much much cheaper.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
It's sometimes around $50 + 15% Tax on like 20% of the price listed or something like that.

I don't remember, I just know it's not cheap :biggrin:

Joe Dwarf

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
It varies by the cost of the item. You can see the schedule of fees here. This only applies to ground shipping, the air services all have free brokerage.

You will pay GST, and depending on country of origin you may have to pay duty as well.

Lemon

Ready to race!
It varies by the cost of the item. You can see the schedule of fees here. This only applies to ground shipping, the air services all have free brokerage.

You will pay GST, and depending on country of origin you may have to pay duty as well.

Thanks for the info :w00t:
It charges me $60~$70 if I am going to buy a set of suspension :thumbdown:

Joe Dwarf

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
It's just the cost of doing business in the US. So many suppliers have exclusive contracts with UPS or whatever, you just have to add in their fees and figure out whether it's worth going south. Alternatively, you can contact them and ask if it's OK for them to send USPS. Most of them are unaware of how bad UPS is for Canadian customers.

If they send USPS it will arrive either at your post office or by Purolator, depending on how it is shipped. The brokerage is $5 and you will still have to pay GST and duty. But there is a chance that someone at Canada Post will screw up and you won't pay any GST/duty.

02m3smg

Passed Driver's Ed
USPS less duty, I think it's a set fee.

UPS no good. Horrible experiences when ordering motorcycle parts, got taxed $300 CDN on a $900 helmet.

Thing is Americans prefer to ship via UPS because it's an awesome service in their country. Their duty just sucks for us.

amaral09GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI
I just got my koni's and a neuspeed P-Flo from NAmotorsports. I told them to ship UPS expidited package and that bypasses all brokerage and sales taxes. Ordered on thursday and got my stuff yesterday!

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
what brand of suspension are going to purchase?

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
I just got my koni's and a neuspeed P-Flo from NAmotorsports. I told them to ship UPS expidited package and that bypasses all brokerage and sales taxes. Ordered on thursday and got my stuff yesterday!

so you end up didn't pay any brokerage and tax/duty at all ?

I also heard of you can do all the paper work yourself instead of paying the brokerage?

amaral09GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI
so you end up didn't pay any brokerage and tax/duty at all ?

I also heard of you can do all the paper work yourself instead of paying the brokerage?

Yeah I didn't have to pay anything because I told them to ship it worldwide expidited. here check this out http://www.ups.com/media/en/ca/ca_brokerage.pdf
I even called to make sure and they told me that everything is included in the shipping costs.