GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel issue or Ecu?

Bosnian

I’ve been trying to fix my car that I bought recently. At first I thought it was a turbo issue or something related to that because I’m not getting any boost, but I read the codes last night. I believe the code was 00135 fuel rail/ pressure, and it had couple misfires aswell which could be from antilag too but I’m not sure. When I try to turn the car on it pings for a good 5 seconds. So when I turn it on it idles really rough almost as If it’s going to stall out. Then after it warms up the rough idle goes away. When I drive the car it won’t go over 4,500 rpm and there’s no boost whatsoever. as it climbs the rpms it goes slower and it feels like something is holding it back. Could it be the injectors or something relating to the fuel system? Or the Ecu could be given the wrong fuel readings. It was tuned before because it has antilag, but I don’t know by who. I don’t even know how much boost it used to make. Please let me know what you guys think.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Ecu is pulling timing and cutting boost for safety it sounds like. Likely there is stuff documented if you run a search with brief descriptions of issue. High pressure pump could be an issue, but prob wanna test a few things related to fueling to be sure.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve been trying to fix my car that I bought recently. At first I thought it was a turbo issue or something related to that because I’m not getting any boost, but I read the codes last night. I believe the code was 00135 fuel rail/ pressure, and it had couple misfires aswell which could be from antilag too but I’m not sure. When I try to turn the car on it pings for a good 5 seconds. So when I turn it on it idles really rough almost as If it’s going to stall out. Then after it warms up the rough idle goes away. When I drive the car it won’t go over 4,500 rpm and there’s no boost whatsoever. as it climbs the rpms it goes slower and it feels like something is holding it back. Could it be the injectors or something relating to the fuel system? Or the Ecu could be given the wrong fuel readings. It was tuned before because it has antilag, but I don’t know by who. I don’t even know how much boost it used to make. Please let me know what you guys think.

FSI or TSI??

The code you got is 000185 or P0087

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16471/P0087/000135

Since You just got this car have you checked the HPFP cam follower??

Bosnian

Ecu is pulling timing and cutting boost for safety it sounds like. Likely there is stuff documented if you run a search with brief descriptions of issue. High pressure pump could be an issue, but prob wanna test a few things related to fueling to be sure.

Yeah I plan on checking the lines and and LPFP as well as some other stuff. Already replaced the HPFP and the cam follower. Ive heard someone say the cam follower is timed lol is that true?? I’ve seen people with similar problems but nobody posts solutions just guesses which is to be expected of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Yeah I plan on checking the lines and and LPFP as well as some other stuff. Already replaced the HPFP and the cam follower. Ive heard someone say the cam follower is timed lol is that true?? I’ve seen people with similar problems but nobody posts solutions just guesses which is to be expected of course.

Maybe also consider it might be a “shit tune” causing problems. Of course guys like to say “no it’s not” after wasting 600bucks. But ecu failings are a thing, even stock. But sketchy tunes are suspect. I always go with maps that have great rep. But test some fuel stuff too, see if an injector is stuck open or something.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
It’s a Fsi. I changed the HPFP and the cam Follower as well

Clear the Dtc if you have not done so already and see if car improves or what comes back. Also log your fuel pressures and post results.

Bosnian

Clear the Dtc if you have not done so already and see if car improves or what comes back. Also log your fuel pressures and post results.

I cleared the DTC and it was the same problems nothing changed. I will log the readings and let you know what I come up with

Bosnian

So here’s an update:

I replaced the intake/ throttle body completely. Turned it on and same shit. It was very disappointing, but I guess all the work so far has led me to believe that it’s the Ecu. Literally replaced everything that could be replaced haha. So my next question is: To fix the Ecu will I have to flash it back to stock and then do a tune on it or can I just go to a tuner and have them rewrite it. The car is driveable but like I said it can’t go over 4.5k rpm and has no power. It doesn’t stall or anything. I was thinking of doing Apr stage 2. We have a local dealer so that’s the best option atm.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you break out the scan tool and run basic setting after the manifold and TB install?

Bosnian

Did you break out the scan tool and run basic setting after the manifold and TB install?

Here are the codes, ignore the the mad and the map I unplugged those that’s why they came on, I plugged them back in of course but the codes popped anyways. My main concern is the 2 P0087 002 and 008. I should mention when I replaced the fuel pump it was not a new one. It was used one one of my friends gave me and he told me it was working fine. Could it really just be the pump? Could a pressure tester prove if it’s operational. I mean it could be the sensor aswell. Just need some advice guys, thank you.

Bosnian

I fixed it, it was the high pressure fuel pump that did it. I mean I did replace injectors and a bunch of other things, but I don’t know if they were faulty too. I replaced the pump with a used one first and it ended up being bad too. That’s just my luck. How do I go from a bad pump to another bad pump. Third pump is the charm I guess.

Packmen

Swap my engine

Hello guys need your help ! My engine when down, I bought I use one at the junk yard ! I change it , but know the car don’t want to start! So now I’m stock cuz don’t know wat to do ! Is look like electric problem! Now my question is I have to do something else after I swap the ingine.