GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ErBall's Thunderbunny Build log

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Love the downpipe...is that the fx350 disc??

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Ouch! Thanks for the updates, one of my fsvorite builds on this forum.

What clutch is that? And what do you plan to replace it with?

Clutch was an fx350. Getting it replaced again for free. Going to see how long it'll last with a a fluidampr thrown in the mix. Hopefully back up and running sometime soon, just Waiting on this damn clutch to come back.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Back from the dead bump.

Been very busy working on the car, and consistently forgetting I have a build thread, lol.
Here's a recap of the major updates of the past few months.

I decided I wanted to build an intake, so I did just that. 3" straight to turbo with a 6" velocity stack.

The intake interfered with the stock battery placement, so it got moved to the trunk. I wanted a battery switch anyways, so this felt like a good time to add one. You can also see the KMD tuning clutch line I added at the same time.

I was already out of fuel with this setup, and I needed a revamp so I sourced the following:
- LNF injectors
- Integrated Engineering Surge Tank
- Bosch 044 fuel pump
- 890cc 5th injector in a Billet Speed injector holder

Mounted the surge tank on the underside of the car near the spare tire well. Had to fabricate a plate to mount it to. Made and ran all new nylon lines. One of the lines is missing in this picture, as I was missing a fitting.

I wired the existing LPFP up to a relay, as well as highjacked the PWM signal to send over to the Eurodyne Boost manager.

I was in need of a way to control the pump, but the amperage draw was too high for my existing Eurodyne Boost Manager to support. I ended up speaking with the guys over at Torqbyte and was blown away by their support and knowledge. I purchased a PM3 immediately thereafter.

Got to work on installing the PM3. you can also see the relay used for the stock LPFP in this picture tucked under the rear seat support.

Finally got the AN fuel line kit Eurocars made back form the "product tester that didn't want to give it back". Made the necessary adjustments myself for the 5th injector.

Lastly I decided I wasn't too happy with the previous wiring job I did with the boost manager harness. It's currently out of the car, so I decided a little harness revamp was necessary.

I'm currently in the process of switching over to E-tuners. I gave up on Driver Motorsport as honestly they have zero support, and a whole lot of excuses. Hopefully i'll report back soon with good news.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I'm currently in the process of switching over to E-tuners. I gave up on Driver Motorsport as honestly they have zero support, and a whole lot of excuses. Hopefully i'll report back soon with good news.

This is very true. I've given up on DM as well, Loooking to switch to Eurodyne at some point once I do upgrades warranting a new tune.

What are your power goals with the new fueling setup?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
E-Tuners is the shit.

Baseline tune with LNFs, 3" Maf housing, 18psi and everything runs flawlessly. Seeing 12 degrees advance with next to no pull. LTFT are literally dead on. Their first stab at my tune has already run better than the multiple revisions I've had with DM. All this with no meth either.

Also equally impressed with Torqbyte. PM3 is handling my new Bosch 044 with ease. Their new Torq tune software is really easy to use too.

Car hauls ass at 18psi. Stepping it up to 21psi yet this week.