GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to VW

toxic2597

ok, so I'm brand new to the VW scene. I might get some hate for this but I'm a big Datsun fan and I own a 720 too. I just picked up an mk5 gti not too long ago and I'm really loving it! I have a couple of problems though. to start at the moment I live in an apartment complex so doing anything on my own right now is a big NO. ill be moving into a house son later this month so that shouldn't be an issue soon. its lowered but I have no idea with what type or brand of suspension. that also plays into that I can't get a jack under there. I can't keep the check engine light off for whatever reason and every time I check it's a different code. I had to sort out some transmission stuff after I got it and it turned out that the PO had a leaking tranny filter cap. I fixed that and filled her up with factory fluids and now she drives like a dream and doesn't have any hesitation or hard shifting. next is that again the PO blew out the speakers so I need help finding the layout. he left some subs in the boot but I'm not sure if they work or not but more importantly, is it possible to run a setup without component speakers? I would say that I'm a novice when it comes to working on cars as the only stuff I've really worked on is from 1985 backward. :bow: thanks for any help oh wise wizards of the VW realm:bow::help:

edit: almost forgot that he did not give me the car with a grill. also, anyone in my area that is willing to help me out or sort of be a mentor to me would be greatly appreciated as I am starting tech school in August