GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise near the center of the engine, below the engine, when turning the steering whee

crazylegs

Passed Driver's Ed
https://youtu.be/gbemVc5FNaM

I attempted to record the noise that I can hear when turning the wheel either to the left or the right, when either in park or driving at slow parking lot speeds.

I put the phone in the drivers side footwell and the passenger footwell, the whooshing noise is my clothing as I fully turn the wheel from left to right and then back again.

The car has OEM front end links and sway bars, and this car has been lowered for about 5-6 years. I recently put aftermarket end links and a RSB in the rear after changing the suspension to a slight drop, from a very low drop. I was about 1.5”-1.8”lower than stock for the last 3 years and now I have the suspension in my signature which is roughly a .9” drop. Curious before I send the car to the mechanic if this could be related to the stress the front suspension has been taking from a suspension modification perspective. Also curious if this is either an axle/joint, tie rod, or steering rack issue.

The car does feel like it has a dead zone at about 11 o’clock to 1 o’clock, meaning I can move the steering wheel rapidly back and forth at highway speeds without losing control. The noise is loudest when trying to parallel park. I have also recently changed the strut mounts and bearings when the current suspension was installed.

Any suggestions or questions to help get a better idea before bringing it to the mechanic on Monday,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk