GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD2 wont turn on with the car

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys,

Got an MFD2 in my gti that wont turn on when I start the car. It turns on manually(with the power knob/button) but not when the car starts.

Any idea's? couldn't see any blown fuses?

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I'm having the same problem with my stock radio unit. Sometimes it turns on but its mainly off on startup. I'm hoping it's the battery. Hopefully someone could chime in on this.

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
If it started happening after the battery swap then maybe you have a faulty battery. Did you get an oem one?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hey UGfast, any luck with finding out what it is? I'm still having the same problem, have to turn the MFD2 on myself every time I get in the car. I end up doing entire trips without music without even realising!

dimi_108

The GTI Collector
I know all of you boys have probably all moved onto greener pastures but did anyone figure this issue out? I'm having the same issue today after my battery died and got jump started back to life.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
I know all of you boys have probably all moved onto greener pastures but did anyone figure this issue out? I'm having the same issue today after my battery died and got jump started back to life.

Disconnect the battery for ten minutes, reconnect and test.

The head units are sent a command via CAN Bus when the car starts, sometimes for whatever reason this signal is not seen. A reset of the car seems to solve the problem but the issue appears to be the MFD2.

Also check your voltages.