GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poor experience with OSIR

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
First off I am not too sure of their relevance to our community anymore. Im not sure if guys are actually ordering stuff from them or not, but I have had nothing but a crappy time with them.

On 5/30 I ordered one of their V3 black shift knobs. The site said out of stock, and make to order. I understood that it may take time and had absolutely no problem with this. I was told it would take 2/3 weeks for fabrication. Well when week three rolled around and I still had not heard from them I emailed them about the issue.

Upon trying to contact the company I found that my calls were not answered so I resorted to email. I sent multiple emails that were not responded to until I started to resend them. This became routine with the company. I would send an email, receive no response for a day or two so I would have to send it again. Eventually my emails were answered and I was told that they would hope to have them in stock shortly. Happy with this I waited.

Again their time frame when and passed so I had to send out more emails about the status of my order. Eventually I received an email saying that they did not know when they would be getting the black knob in stock, and I had the option to switch to silver. I mulled that over for a day and decided that the pictures I saw of the silver knob looked good and replied sign me up for a silver. That was 7/19. I again received a email saying that they would send it out asap and send me the tracking number (this led me to believe that they either had some silver knobs in stock or they were nearly fabricated).

Cut to 08/02 and I still have not heard a peep from the company. Frankly Im sick and tired of trying to contact them. As of today the order has been canceled.

Its unfortunate that they couldn't step up and tell me that they had no foreseeable time line for the knobs to either be fabbed or sent out. Instead I was yanked around for a little over two months. I understand waiting for a product, especially a product that is made to order. However, when a company goes weeks at a time (and well outside the stated time frame of fabrication and shipment) without updating a customer as to why its taking so long it becomes frustrating. This is the last time I ever even consider ordering from OSIR. I have heard their products are top notch, but thats where that ends. The customer service is garbage.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Just a continued update of their crappy customer service, on 8/2 I cancelled my order as of 8/6 I still have not heard anything from osir. No acknowledgement that I wanna cancel my order and definitely no apologies.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
so after all this time I got a email back. It says they voided my transaction (accidentally) and could not send out the knob, but if I wanted to redo my order they could send the knob out the next day. Did I step in something cuz I smell shit. Good of them to wait around 2+ weeks and wait for me to cancel my order before this "mistake" was caught. What a load of crap. definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

ZmaxAutoSport.com

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
so after all this time I got a email back. It says they voided my transaction (accidentally) and could not send out the knob, but if I wanted to redo my order they could send the knob out the next day. Did I step in something cuz I smell shit. Good of them to wait around 2+ weeks and wait for me to cancel my order before this "mistake" was caught. What a load of crap. definitely won't be ordering anything from them.

sorry to heard, we're the Osir authorize dealer in US, we import direct from Osir factory not from Osir us, we stock up the our own inventory, we have many happy repeat customers keep us alive, please give us a try most of order will ship out on same day, exclude weekends & Holidays,
http://www.zmaxautosport.com/ thank you for your time

Last edited:

IGNTNUNLMTD

Ignition Unlimited
sorry to heard, we're the Osir authorize dealer in US, we import direct from Osir factory not from Osir us, we stock up the our own inventory, we have many happy repeat customers keep us alive, please give us a try most of order will ship out on same day, exclude weekends & Holidays,
http://www.zmaxautosport.com/ thank you for your time

Wow... is there any reason that Osir's and TID's products cost roughly 4 times more than generic equivalents (that are still real carbon) on Ebay?

$800 for a pair of seat slide covers? How many of those have you sold?

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
First off I am not too sure of their relevance to our community anymore. Im not sure if guys are actually ordering stuff from them or not, but I have had nothing but a crappy time with them.

On 5/30 I ordered one of their V3 black shift knobs. The site said out of stock, and make to order. I understood that it may take time and had absolutely no problem with this. I was told it would take 2/3 weeks for fabrication. Well when week three rolled around and I still had not heard from them I emailed them about the issue.

Upon trying to contact the company I found that my calls were not answered so I resorted to email. I sent multiple emails that were not responded to until I started to resend them. This became routine with the company. I would send an email, receive no response for a day or two so I would have to send it again. Eventually my emails were answered and I was told that they would hope to have them in stock shortly. Happy with this I waited.

Again their time frame when and passed so I had to send out more emails about the status of my order. Eventually I received an email saying that they did not know when they would be getting the black knob in stock, and I had the option to switch to silver. I mulled that over for a day and decided that the pictures I saw of the silver knob looked good and replied sign me up for a silver. That was 7/19. I again received a email saying that they would send it out asap and send me the tracking number (this led me to believe that they either had some silver knobs in stock or they were nearly fabricated).

Cut to 08/02 and I still have not heard a peep from the company. Frankly Im sick and tired of trying to contact them. As of today the order has been canceled.

Its unfortunate that they couldn't step up and tell me that they had no foreseeable time line for the knobs to either be fabbed or sent out. Instead I was yanked around for a little over two months. I understand waiting for a product, especially a product that is made to order. However, when a company goes weeks at a time (and well outside the stated time frame of fabrication and shipment) without updating a customer as to why its taking so long it becomes frustrating. This is the last time I ever even consider ordering from OSIR. I have heard their products are top notch, but thats where that ends. The customer service is garbage.

I had a similar experience roughly 3 years ago when they were going through a revision. The site said approximately 3-6 weeks but it ended up being 3 months. Now, the reason for this one is different. They had to test new finished as reportedly the previous version was rubbing off rather quickly. I have had mine for 3 years now and yeah you can see where it has rubbed off, but it's not ugly or extremely obvious. I notice it but my wife doesn't really.

Their customer service was slow to get back to me but eventually I heard back and I just gave up trying and knew it would eventually get done.

The only thing I don't like are those little tiny allen screws... I will have to order another set really soon. It seems every time at least one of them strips. The other two only stay tight for about a week. So I need to keep an allen key with my at all times in my cup holders. When I'm sitting at a light and I feel it is lose, I tighten it back up. Rather annoying, but I really enjoy it and the red LED is nice. I also put in a toggle switch next to the traction control button in case I have had enough of the LED and just want to turn it off. Real simple install and recommended for anyone who gets it.