GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Deagle
Touring Car Champion

Drives: not a gti
Send a message via AIM to Deagle
Are any potential buyers considering the GLI?

I'm getting pretty itchy about waiting for the 5 door GTI. I was just wondering what other potential buyers thought of it.

Personally I don't like the look quite as much as the GTI, but it's growing on me.
Deagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Wild Hare
.: MR. BIG STUFF :.

Drives: 2015 Golf R
No.

Retired U.S. AIR FORCE
APR "high torque" Stage 2 / APR TCU tune / 034 CAI / 034 Dog Bone Mount / Neuspeed 25mm rear bar / Neuspeed FMIC / AWE Switch Path Remote
Wild Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
NYDUB
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
I had a few hot Hatches when I lived in England and all of them were 5 doors. Been wanting one for a LONG time and now I'm SO Close!

For me, a 5 door makes much more sense for my station in life right now. I'll be having my Mother-In Law moving in after the house is sold, I have my Grand Son a LOT and the Car seat access is much better with the extra doors, and I need something that I can throw a Bike rack on top for my Tandem MTB. All this points to a 5 door Hot hatch. I DON'T want another MINIVAN! And while I love my Jeep it was the wrong car at the wrong time.

Chris
NYDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
AlEkZ
Ready to race!

Drives: Mazda 6
I saw one the other day at the store and I must say it does look good. but I definetly think the GTI looks sportier.

I think that if you need trunk space definetly go for it, I have a huge trunk(mazda6 hatchback) and I rarely use it. I have a baby on the way tho so if my needs change and I need the trunk i'll consider the GLI a bit more, but so far the wife's car is the grocery getter and I'm sure it will be the baby carrier as well.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
DBCPerformance
OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS

Drives: GTI MK6 & MK2
Send a message via ICQ to DBCPerformance Send a message via AIM to DBCPerformance Send a message via Yahoo to DBCPerformance
i don't like the Jetta, i would prefer the GTI 5 door
DBCPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
Icranon
Sold my GTI 4 Mustang

Drives: 08 Mustang GT/CS Black
Not to make you look dumb or anything, but I think that most people on this site will tell you to get a gti because most if not all of the people like gti alot on this site. I bet if you found a gli site, and asked the same question, people would tell you to buy the gli. So in the end it comes down to what you want. Personally I dont see a huge difference between the two, except for the size and style of the car.
Icranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Wild Hare

^^^ Point!

Retired U.S. AIR FORCE
APR "high torque" Stage 2 / APR TCU tune / 034 CAI / 034 Dog Bone Mount / Neuspeed 25mm rear bar / Neuspeed FMIC / AWE Switch Path Remote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #8
Wild Hare

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiavw
i don't like the Jetta, i would prefer the GTI 5 door

GLI= Das Boat!

Retired U.S. AIR FORCE
Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
Deagle
Touring Car Champion

Drives: not a gti
Send a message via AIM to Deagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icranon
Not to make you look dumb or anything, but I think that most people on this site will tell you to get a gti because most if not all of the people like gti alot on this site. I bet if you found a gli site, and asked the same question, people would tell you to buy the gli. So in the end it comes down to what you want. Personally I dont see a huge difference between the two, except for the size and style of the car.
No no, lol. I knew that before I made the thread, but I was just looking to get opinions. It's starting to get harder by the day to wait for it though.
Deagle is offline   Reply With Quote