GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKV vs MKIV R32

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
I know there's already a ton of these out there but this was my first race so i'm posting it. My friend just got an R32 and was talking trash about my GTI. He said it was pointless because it wasn't all wheel drive and was only a four cylinder and that I had a DSG. No matter what proof i showed him he still claims that a 6 speed is faster than a dsg. Whatever, i knew i had to take this kid to school. I told him my car was chipped (apr stage 1) but he didn't care. I took him to an empty highway (william floyd) and raced him 4 times, (2 from a stop and 2 roll). First was from a stop, off the line he pulled away from me hard because i messed up the start. I'm not gonna lie, i got rocked the first time because i messed up on my launch control (it takes like a second to finally kick in, anyone else?). So at this point he thinks he's hot stuff so we start a race rolling at 40. I blow past him a full car length and don't see him until we stop. Next race as from a stop and i got my launch control timing down this time. He beats me off the line but by third gear i'm half a car length, from thereon out i just keep getting further past him. Then our last was from a roll again and i rocked him again. He was pissed, he starting making excuses and blah blah blah. I think he was disappointed in his car. Anyway, i had fun and that's what matters

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
maybe launch control wasn't working at first because launch control isnt enabled until the trans is fully warmed up. thats also the reason why paddle shifting when you first start the car gives you bumpy shifts

Taz

Ready to race!
According to MT, the R32 is only 3 tenths quicker to 60 and in the 1/4 mile than a GTI. Most interesting thing is the trap speed is less than 1 mph faster! A chipped Stg 1 should pretty easily pull the R32 and the faster you go, the more the R32 will be hampered by its close to 400 extra pounds.

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
yah he's still my friend but he claims he's erasing the video he shot of us racing. he wanted to bring a camera so he could have proof that his car was fast. he was braggin how he raced a 1.8t and rocked it lol. Whenever i got a little ahead of him he couldn't catch up. From the rolling start as soon as we hit 60 or 70 it was like he stopped accelerating