GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 DM K04+ vs KAWASAKI 600??

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I love the S curves nearby. I mention this spot in numerous posts, but today a KAWASAKI 600?? racer looking bike was speeding up as we approached the curves side by side so I sped up too but stayed about 3 cars behind in the right lane. The rider then accelerated more just prior to reaching the 1st curve going left and he leaned over sticking his knee toward the ground. Before he reached the apex of the 1st curve I was passing him and he couldn't catch me by the 2nd half of the S. I was accelerating out of it over 85mph and looked back to see him cut from his left lane into mine and saw him again with the knee thing and I still pulled away. It was fun and he gave an excited thumbs up as he passed by while I awaited him to pull up and give him the V and a smile.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Knee out doesn't mean much and bikes are hard to ride. Good story, sounds like fun.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That was just another sign he was Trying ;)
Being a rookie rider pretending...priceless!
It was fun because he must've thought heading into the 1st turn that he'd leave me behind rather than watch me pass him half way through.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Knee out doesn't mean much and bikes are hard to ride. Good story, sounds like fun.
Coming from the guy that said he could beat a guy on a bike going through corners because the bike wasn't trying. Hahaha gtfo no one likes you.

I'd like to see this in a straight line. I don't see this as much of a "vs" nothing really happened. And I feel like this guy wasn't the greatest of riders.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
I've had similar results with sport bikes around corners.

Remember you have 4, much wider tires to get you around corners, he has 2. Riders may be able to use their weight but cars will always have an advantage. Maybe not our GTI's against R1's for example, but let's not compare apples to oranges... if you take a supercar and put it up against a superbike, the car will always go faster around corners. And if you compare the best of each kind, like in Moto GP vs Formula 1, the bikes are always slower. Then there's downforce that works very well with car's geometry and does a great job sticking it to the ground, something bikes can't use. Even if they could somehow produce downforce, it would make things even worse because of how their steering geometry changes as they lean, making the bike extremely unpredictable. So even if bikes are able to hang in a straight line (maybe even go faster sometimes), they can also be like 60 mph slower around corners. An F1 car for example can take a corner at 150 mph, when the bike can take the same corner at no more than 100, hence having worse laptimes. There are many interesting videos on youtube about this.

At a much lower scale, the same physics exist between our GTI's against sport bikes, like in your case. It's not a matter of skill, well skill is an important factor no doubt but it's mostly physics that won't allow a bike to keep up.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Knee out doesn't mean anything because of all the novice riders who watch youtube and try to copy what they see racers doing. Doesn't mean they have any clue what they're doing (the novices, not the racers).

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You're smart. Come try riding MX with me and we'll see how fast you go. Bikes are hard.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Why is it when you post a topic in MkV vs...some folks go straight to the view that the OP should've or shouldn't have beaten the opposition?

I post in order to share the fun only. I know each time I am likely to come out on top...the amusement from all of the the stories is when the other driver doesn't know what is about to happen.

The thread isn't titled MkV vs "Equal or Greater Competition". I find enjoyment reading about the wins and the losses.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ron, you need to get a go pro to chronicle your wins! That'll keep it on point.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I rode a highly modified CBR600RR for a long time (Much faster than a kawasaki 600), and I can tell you, motorcycles are slowest in curves. Getting a knee down on streets/public roads is stupid, and your asking to wrap yourself around a tree... the most you need to do on public roads is slide your butt off one side in a curve and counter steer.

I will say though, that bikes are slowest in the curve. I'd guess that in a straight line, the race between you and the Kawi 600 would be pretty close, but, he would probably still take you.

Beating him through curves is really nothing to write home about though ;)

SwiftTone

Ready to race!
I ride a RC51. I can tell you that riding a bike fast is much harder, especially on the street. Not only is it harder to ride a bike it's also more dangerous as street conditions are unpredictable. If you go over sand or gravel in a car you're pretty much fine but on a bike it's pretty much game over if you're riding near the tire's limits. Thats why on the street I ride 60% and leave the 40% for special cases.

That said, I do ride with knees out if I'm taking a corner as it gets me in the correct body position which other wise is uncomfortable to do.

If you're against a good rider, most 600s are in the 10's stock for the 1/4 mile. I've seen a stock ZX6R with only strapped suspension run high 9s.

BTW I'm not "novice" but not an expert either. I ride in the intermediate group on track days.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Most riders I see are squids with a square rear tire because all they do is ride in straight lines, revving like theye got something unique sounding, wearing shorts and flip flops. Its embarrassing to live on the same planet as these pieces of shit. At the drag strip most of them cant even break out of the 12s because of their launch.

Rant over. Point being its all about the rider and most of them suck.