GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

carbonduc27

Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4dr Stage2
My knowledge is also limited to the crapload of reaserch I have done but I also could not find the RS3 injector flow rate. The only thing i could find is that the s3 injectors spracy a different pattern than the RS3s.

As for flow rates per injector, I had this on my E90 335i. The injectors were marked with a very specific min and max flow rate (each injector was different. I then had to add this number to my ecu programming when I installed new ones. I gues the slight variation is measured at the manufacturer and the car needs to know the rate - crazy how specific these cars are.....

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m still waiting for some good documentation on the rs3 injectors before i make the switch from the rs4s

So far I've seen quite a few big turboed TFSI's running the RS3 injectors with very good results.
They say the RS3 has a better spray pattern then the rs4 injectors, and that that alone should be a big plus over the RS4's.. no more black smoke at WOT, no more fuel pooling and creating hot spots in the cylinders due to uneven distribution of fuel.
What kind of documentation are you waiting on? Not sure if Bosch will ever release any info about their FSI injectors.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
So far I've seen quite a few big turboed TFSI's running the RS3 injectors with very good results.

They say the RS3 has a better spray pattern then the rs4 injectors, and that that alone should be a big plus over the RS4's.. no more black smoke at WOT, no more fuel pooling and creating hot spots in the cylinders due to uneven distribution of fuel.

What kind of documentation are you waiting on? Not sure if Bosch will ever release any info about their FSI injectors.

Wanting to know how many CCs and flow tests between rs4 and the rs3

I don’t know of anybody in the USA with em

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

Oh and I’ll just leave this here. If you have a pm3 already, this won’t be of any use to you. This is mainly aimed at the newer vw models because it will have an j538 module built in. Will completely remove the oem controller

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I don't know if this is the right thread for me but I've been scratching my head about LPFP systems specifically for the MK6 R (I know this is an MKV forum) and I'm stuck at whether or not the Golf R controller needs to be upgraded to fit the TTRS pump or the DW65V. Just trying to find the simplest LPFP solution that doesn't require any modification.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I don't know if this is the right thread for me but I've been scratching my head about LPFP systems specifically for the MK6 R (I know this is an MKV forum) and I'm stuck at whether or not the Golf R controller needs to be upgraded to fit the TTRS pump or the DW65V. Just trying to find the simplest LPFP solution that doesn't require any modification.

Others will ask I am sure but, what turbo/setup HP are you trying to support?

I went with the TTRS pump on my MKV, seems like a good choice for a generic BT upgrade. You have the option of upgrading the controller. I am going with the Torquebyte which probably isn't necessary but it makes me feel more comfortable in terms of long term heat issues associated with the wiring and pushing the pump.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Others will ask I am sure but, what turbo/setup HP are you trying to support?

I went with the TTRS pump on my MKV, seems like a good choice for a generic BT upgrade. You have the option of upgrading the controller. I am going with the Torquebyte which probably isn't necessary but it makes me feel more comfortable in terms of long term heat issues associated with the wiring and pushing the pump.

I’m looking at the TTE420 or 480, but either will require a LPFP option. I’d rather keep it simple. Was hoping the TTRS pump and controller are a direct fit but can’t find any solid info on that

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I’m looking at the TTE420 or 480, but either will require a LPFP option. I’d rather keep it simple. Was hoping the TTRS pump and controller are a direct fit but can’t find any solid info on that

This is what I bought for my build (not up and running yet). It drops right in to your Golf R and will supply plenty for that use. I am running a forged motor and Borg Warner EFR 7163, should be plenty for either of those (go 480 if you are going to go that way). LINK

This is what my original tuner recommended and had good experience with.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
This is what I bought for my build (not up and running yet). It drops right in to your Golf R and will supply plenty for that use. I am running a forged motor and Borg Warner EFR 7163, should be plenty for either of those (go 480 if you are going to go that way). LINK

This is what my original tuner recommended and had good experience with.

Thanks!

My other dilemma going with the 480 is I cannot find a tuner for it.. I contacted UM and received no email back. DM same thing. UNI can’t tune for it (tune doesn’t use N75) and waiting to hear back from GIAC. Eurodyne is a hassle along with “e-tuning” so that just leaves APR with their TTE420 tune. Any advice?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks!

My other dilemma going with the 480 is I cannot find a tuner for it.. I contacted UM and received no email back. DM same thing. UNI can’t tune for it (tune doesn’t use N75) and waiting to hear back from GIAC. Eurodyne is a hassle along with “e-tuning” so that just leaves APR with their TTE420 tune. Any advice?

I think if you go 480 you go custom. Once you step to turbos past 400+ hp custom is just what you have to do. That is what I am doing.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
GIAC does custom tuning right? They tell me they do. Call them...talking gets you further than email messages with GIAC. They'll need your car...unless they've a new option. Might cost $1500 to $2000 :iono:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
GIAC does custom tuning right? They tell me they do. Call them...talking gets you further than email messages with GIAC. They'll need your car...unless they've a new option. Might cost $1500 to $2000 :iono:

No custom work normally, thats why I have not used them in years. Great off the shelf stuff though. They are here near me in Southern California, the poster is in CT. Best for him just to find someone in his area that has tuned a 480 on a Golf R before. I am going to AUTuning in Huntington Beach CA for my custom tunes. 1000 for initial tune and 500 for versions of that. All dyno tuned.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Thanks!

I would suggest you to stick to APR TTE420 and don’t go fo custom tune, or you can go for APR GTX Stage3. In both kits you can go for APR tune too.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I would suggest you to stick to APR TTE420 and don’t go fo custom tune, or you can go for APR GTX Stage3. In both kits you can go for APR tune too.

Thanks,

I just can't wrap my head around spending $4000+ for 38BHP increase from stage 2+ to TTE420. I wish I could overlap the two dyno sheets from APR to see the difference across the entire powerband.