337 KB · Views: 304

Finder

Ready to race!
Definitely not.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Be better to just get an Autotech or IE internals kit and swap it in for that APR. Until then yes, you can put in another CF...even a used one, and run it. Just drive as normal as possible.

To be honest Kakluote...I'm surprised you missed this :frown:
...but I've given a guy, his was in a worse off condition because more wear on the piston, a slightly used hpfp piston(not worn at the tip) and used CF and he ran his for some time before he sold it. He lied in his Ad stating "one common problem with these is the CF but I checked the CF and found that all looks good".

Last edited:

six2one

Passed Driver's Ed
Your camshaft is probably fucked too.

It for sure is. The recall for this defect replaces the camshaft as well as the pump. That’s what I had done. My pump plunger wore down basically the same way, too.

It’s all ruined as far as the fueling pump and cam goes. I wouldn’t reassemble this unless I was trading it in immediately.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
It for sure is. The recall for this defect replaces the camshaft as well as the pump. That’s what I had done. My pump plunger wore down basically the same way, too.

It’s all ruined as far as the fueling pump and cam goes. I wouldn’t reassemble this unless I was trading it in immediately.
i have inspect the camshaft, lucky that it looks good.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It is possible the cam lobe is smooth and retains its mirror finish...you can run it for now with the worn piston and another newer CF...but given you have a hpfp upgrade, I would just get a new internal kit real soon. Then watch it often at first for up to 40k miles...as well as your high fuel pressure. Pressure should be spot on if the lobe wasn't worn down.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
lobe wear is a concern, millimeters count.

I would log the fuel system to make sure its able to keep up with demand to be safe.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Be better to just get an Autotech or IE internals kit and swap it in for that APR. Until then yes, you can put in another CF...even a used one, and run it. Just drive as normal as possible.

To be honest Kakluote...I'm surprised you missed this :frown:
...but I've given a guy, his was in a worse off condition because more wear on the piston, a slightly used hpfp piston(not worn at the tip) and used CF and he ran his for some time before he sold it. He lied in his Ad stating "one common problem with these is the CF but I checked the CF and found that all looks good".

autotech is 100 bucks cheaper than ie's. but doesn't provide internal seal with its kits.
if i can buy internal seal separately,i prefer autotech

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
APR reuses the oem piston end bits. You're right, Autotech is for a stock hpfp, so if APR uses a different sized seal...may be best to go with another.