GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starting my PM3 install soon...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Right behind the battery there is an OEM rubber grommet in the firewall. That's where I ran everything from the engine bay to the cabin. There's already some wires going through it, very easy to stretch where the existing wires go and run whatever you need along with them. I'll take a picture in just a little bit here.
Belated Thanks :thumbsup: Exactly what I did and it was very easy with the battery removed. I found that is where the boost tube was put through as well.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just got the message stating the PM3 is out for delivery.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes!

Time to get busy...do the data as is...make the mounting plate and get it installed...and collect the new data without getting the hopes up too high.

I did not know it comes with a 40amp fuse holder as I already installed another one in preparation. The holder may come with just the kit or it is included only when you add the VAG plug-n-play harness...so if interested in this item...look into how you get it more thoroughly than I did.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yes!

Time to get busy...do the data as is...make the mounting plate and get it installed...and collect the new data without getting the hopes up too high.

I did not know it comes with a 40amp fuse holder as I already installed another one in preparation. The holder may come with just the kit or it is included only when you add the VAG plug-n-play harness...so if interested in this item...look into how you get it more thoroughly than I did.

It comes with 40 amp fuse on top no matter what wiring you order with it.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I meant that it comes with the "40A fuse and fuse holder" for the +wire from the battery to the PM3 unit. Before I ordered the PM3, I bought a 40A fuse holder and fuse separately so I could install the +wire from front to back in preparation...not realizing that the kit includes a fuse holder and additional 40A fuse because they are not listed as an inclusion.The fuse and fuse holder are not pictured or listed as part of the PM3 or VAG harness. If it were, I would have known and would not have bought and installed another in advance. So I added that statement " for others to know they do not need to go out and get what is included with the kit.
↑ I think I repeated myself over and over up there↑ LOL
But yes, it does come with a 40A fuse inserted on top of the unit.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
They might have just included it to be nice to the customer ;)

To be clear, you need the 40A fuse on top of the pm3 unit as well as a 40A fuse in-line from the battery to the pm3. Make sure to put the 40A fuse as close to the battery as possible

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I meant that it comes with the "40A fuse and fuse holder" for the +wire from the battery to the PM3 unit. Before I ordered the PM3, I bought a 40A fuse holder and fuse separately so I could install the +wire from front to back in preparation...not realizing that the kit includes a fuse holder and additional 40A fuse because they are not listed as an inclusion.The fuse and fuse holder are not pictured or listed as part of the PM3 or VAG harness. If it were, I would have known and would not have bought and installed another in advance. So I added that statement " for others to know they do not need to go out and get what is included with the kit.
↑ I think I repeated myself over and over up there↑ LOL
But yes, it does come with a 40A fuse inserted on top of the unit.

Correct inline fuse holder with VAG wire kit, I did NOT get an external 40amp inline fuse/holder with basic wiring kit

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Right then...but I do not see it listed with or that it comes with the VAG plug n play harness as well. It wouldn't make sense to be added with the VAG harness alone...PM3 yes. I think High Octane might be right, and they just decided to include it with the PM3. Maybe some were installing it without the additional fuse holder and torqbyte decided, bcuz dummies, to just add one from now on. High Octane, I did put my fuse holder just outside the external fuse box where I connected my +wire to that power strip I point out in the vid linked to above. In fact, the wire connected to the +strip is "from/part of" the fuse holder.

It's running as it should...given it still has no Forge WG spring preload and boosts 21 psi max right now. Will look at the fueling data with the oem pump real soon before working my TTRS into the oem basket.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Right then...but I do not see it listed with or comes with the VAG plug n play harness. It wouldn't make sense to be added with the VAG harness alone...PM3 yes. I think High Octane might be right, and they just decided to include it with the PM3. Maybe some were installing it without the additional fuse holder and torqbyte decided, bcuz dummies, to just add one from now on. High Octane, I did put my fuse holder just outside the external fuse box where I connected my +wire to that power strip I point out in the vid linked to above. In fact, the wire connected to the +strip is "from/part of" the fuse holder.

It's running as it should...given it still has no Forge WG spring preload and boosts 21 psi max right now. Will look at the fueling data with the oem pump real soon before working my TTRS into the oem basket.

This is from the install manual.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
This is from the install manual.

Right...I knew beforehand it wasn't included and why I bought one and installed it prior to receiving the PM3. But now it seems to be included. I emailed torqbyte and asked which they include the 40A fuse and fuse holder with when ordered.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Here's Torqbyte's reply: "The inline fuse is only included in the MQB kit.

It is not included in the regular PM3 kit because most of the target vehicles for the regular kit have an uncommitted spot in the engine bay fuse compartment.

You must have gotten one by mistake
."

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Well :frown: as suspected, the low pressure now stays above 4 bar but actual is usually just below the low specified. The lpfp duty rarely gets into the 90% range with a couple pulls not exceeding 88%.

Unfortunately, the high pressure request still doesn't go over 110 bar much. A couple of runs it went over 110 bar to nearly 115 bar but just from 6400 rpm to 6900 redline. What's even more odd is that the high "request" goes even higher once the throttle is let off and when the throttle valve angle is at 7% to 12% the request is up to 130 bar. I suppose the next step is to pull the tired oem from the basket and try getting the ttrs into it.

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
Well :frown: as suspected, the low pressure now stays above 4 bar but actual is usually just below the low specified. The lpfp duty rarely gets into the 90% range with a couple pulls not exceeding 88%.

Unfortunately, the high pressure request still doesn't go over 110 bar much. A couple of runs it went over 110 bar to nearly 115 bar but just from 6400 rpm to 6900 redline. What's even more odd is that the high "request" goes even higher once the throttle is let off and when the throttle valve angle is at 7% to 12% the request is up to 130 bar. I suppose the next step is to pull the tired oem from the basket and try getting the ttrs into it.
If you need more high pressure fuel on the engine side a HPFP kit will be required but if you're car is not tuned the requested will be at 110-115
Although I've seen some stock hpfp reach 127bar without

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk