GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project ultimate daily. Build #2

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ahh okay. I'll have to get some - Preference on brand?

I noticed my mk5 squeaking all over but my other car has been okay so far. I'll probably lube both tho.

I actually just had to do my driver's side door yesterday. I like white lithium grease in a spray to get down in there, but that's just me.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Ahh okay. I'll have to get some - Preference on brand?

I noticed my mk5 squeaking all over but my other car has been okay so far. I'll probably lube both tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 1st ayed, stuff we have at work. But any pennatrating gel lube seems to work wonders, WD40 evaporates over time. The gel lube stays and continues lubing till its worn away.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a Newsouth boost gauge and Osir vent pod. Also going in sometime next week (after the new trans goes in) to have the latest version of APR's K04 file put on (still running the beta file). 034 street density trans and motor mounts will be going on next weekend.

Still trying to decide what to do suspension wise, possibly new OEM struts and Eibach springs. The difference between my 06 and my 09 is insane! The current suspension setup on the 09 is almost scary, FK coilovers and everything else is stock. Probably slapping a WALK on when i figure out the route I'm going with the suspension. I need to tame the beast a little.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Swapped head units, I'd much rather have the nav in the daily. However, in doing so i lost my aux input in the center console, so irritating as I used Pandora almost exclusively for music in the car. Gotta figure that out.

Shotty ass pic, but washed and waxed her today. Actually cleaned uppretty well but now I know where all the f'd up spots are :-(

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Corrected

Lmao

Nav up and running, was worried about my antenna placement.

Better day shot of the wash and wax. Also got the crazy idea from a fellow forum member to color match the roof bars to the wheels. I think it will really bring the look of the car together.

Really glad it's getting a new trans. Rough ass shifts and random neutral drops going into reverse.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
This is turning into a not so cheap daily build.
Catch can setup $308
New DMF $550
New rear main $60
Boost gauge $100
Tyrol sport deadset kit $110
New suspension $400 (Golf R OEM struts Eibach springs)
034 street density trans and motor mounts $180
Intake $200 (brand/type to be decided)

That should finish it up, but is completely halting the racecar build. All said and done around $2k, what a life we live.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
...completely halting the racecar build.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Lol, you have no idea how sad panda. That being said, we will be back on track and hopefully still done by our April deadline. First event of the season is May 10th at Road America, was really hoping to have a shake off event before that at a smaller track but say la v. To me it's worth it to get the daily set up and not have to worry about it for a while. DD takes priority over the toy, I don't need to race but I do need to go to work..... in order to race lol.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Very nice addition...going to add another here one day and track the hell out of one or the other.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, dropped the car off at the dealership. Came home to this.

Excited to get it in. Having the dealership install my Tyrolsport deadset kit as well. If all goes according to plan this weekend is all 4 endlinks, motor and trans mount, and boost gauge install.

On the not so cool front, I'm 95% sure it has the dreaded 09 ABS module failure. Got a price when I dropped it off, $1534 for just the module. Good thing I drive with traction control off at all times anyway.