GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

B-Rabbit - 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5

Zach L

VR junkie
Glad to see you're still enjoying it. Such a good build in such a short time

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, definitely enjoying it. Had a few small issues, knock sensor and sticking brake caliper but nothing major. Gotta decide if I am going to take the coils out for the winter. I would like to prolong their life.

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Few other pics.

After I came back from my summer trip to Newfoundland, giving it a cleaning and doing some cruising:

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
On to some not so good stuff.
Got caught in a construction area, pavement was stripped and there was a raised water pipe. Didn't notice it in time and it hit the subframe.

This happened:

Leading to this:

And eventually this:

Turns out I got the wrong drivers airbag and module, still lots of work to do and figuring out how to make it all work again.

Put the car in winter mode. Lets see how I get by with being this low. I did raise the rear, but due to a collar issue up front, I cant raise those.

Someone really wanted to be in my lane:

Its been a rough time for the Budget Bunny, but better times are ahead. Ill get the interior and airbags sorted out. Its going in for repair of the rear quarter and the front fenders are being replaced under warranty, and there are some changes planned for next season. Keeping the tight budget in mind of course.

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 preview:

New set up is 17" 3 piece staggered Zaubers. JDM wheels so had to drill out the lug holes and use wobble bolts. Probably going to need some small spacers up front to get the stance I want. Going to strip them down and powdercoat over winter. Bye bye white faces and polished lip.

Zach L

VR junkie
Solid choice of shoes. Rear is spot on. Going to look perfect with the front out about 10mm or so.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck you've had lately. Looking forward to the final product with the refinished rollers!

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah rear should be great when I spin the coils back down. Front needs maybe 8-10mm and Ill be happy.
I'm excited to see how it turns out as well. Been doing some photoshops but I think it will look better in person.

Colonel_Mustard

Passed Driver's Ed
Few updates, first a boring maintenance update, new brakes up front:

Drove home in some deep snow, after plowing the street for a while I realized my lip would not hold up to all the pushing it was doing. But when I got out to check it was already gone:

Put my car in the shop to get the accident damage repaired, and some warranty paint work done. Got a MK7 as a rental:

Some before and afters on the paint work. Both front fenders got replaced:

Rust on the rear quater:

Accident damage:

Really need to roll my fenders as right now I cant turn. Doing 4 point turns in parking lot to avoid ripping the fender off right now.

Next up is to strip down the wheels.