GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: FS CW 2008 R32 with ~117k

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
So... yea. I’ve been rolling around the idea of selling the R32 for a while now and I’m trying to gauge interest in it. Currently it’s at IPB in Sacramento getting the chains looked at, and I heard back that the chain values are within spec.

While in my ownership as of 08/01/2015 I have replaced:

Rear brakes at 67k with OE
DSG service at 67k with OE
Coolant service at 67k with OE
Rear axle seals at 68k @ VW
Front crank seal at 68k @ VW
Serp belt at 69k with OE
Fuel level sender at 70k @ VW
Front lower control arm bushingsand fuel filter at 75kish with Whiteline @ Pure motorsports
Drop in AirRaid dry filter at 77k
Spark plugs at 80k with NGK
Fuel level sender, pump and cluster at 85kish @ Niello VW
Thermostat, housing, crack pipe, Etc.. at 90kish with OE and ECS crack pipe
Dog bone and Dog bone insert at 90kish with OE and 034
Mech unit, DSG service, ECM software update, brake flush, rear end and Haldex service at 99k @ Dirito Bros in Walnut Creek.
Front bumper, headlights(clear bra applied) grille and windshield replaced at 110kish (the grit in Colorado took their toll) @ Cooks in Davis with OE parts
New Battery and brakes flushed at 111kish @ Emich VW
New SERP belt 112k
New Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S at 113kish
New front Tarox brakes, front and rear sway bar links (Meile [sp]), strut mounts and bearings, front and rear Koni special actives, H&R rear sway bar at 115kish
Driver seat lumbar at 115k @ Emich VW

Unless otherwise noted I have done the work myself (former VW tech)

Currently I have 6 qts of Total, 3 (three) sets of wheels for it, the OEMs, Detroit’s and Karthoums (black) with kumho Ecstas. I also have a newer VW Apple CarPlay android auto radio that I have yet to install. Along the way I have also replaced various filters, the belly pan, chain tensioner, right mirror, golf ball shifter, dash cubby, euro switch, and the left outer and inner cv boots, and I also replaced the mirror caps.

It has a Kicker Sub and an amp and is tinted front and rear 20-30% (can’t remember)

I have the OEM shifter, rear sway bar, headlight switch, mirror caps and dash vent.

The bad: (full disclosure, I don’t need bad karma)
Flex pipes are leaking slightly (Smog has been a non-issue)
The lower serp belt idler pulley has had better days
Rear axle seals are beginning to seep
One wheel has been refinished before I got them, and 3-4 wheels have some curbing, only one was my doing. The rest were like that when I got the wheels.

It’s currently slated to have the windshield and rain sensor replaced, again (1/29/19) due to it cracking on the move from Colorado to CA, with OE at safelite in Sacramento.

!!!!!It is currently financed!!!!!

Asking 12,000 OBO ( yes, it’s a little higher but there’s hella extras that come with it)

Pics coming soon, gotta wash all the rain grime off of it.

But here is somewhat recent picture

Pm me for any and all details you may need. Thanks for looking!

PS: comes with window sticker, plate frames from original dealer, manual and 2 remotes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
The ECM was reflashed due to there being a TSB for the Cat parameters being too tight and triggering a P0420 MIL, of which I had a few, since then, no CAT MIL.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Damn dude, yer gettin’ out of it? Good luck! Yeah the flex pipes are super weak. I replaced that cat pipe myself once. Think next time I’ll have stronger flex joints welded in. Not much an engine movement issue anymore since I put the o34 track density upper mounts on. Just found out my neuspeed lower dog bushing got torn, seems it needs o34 solids down there too. I’m glad I ended up with the R, it’s given a couple great yrs overall. More probs with 2.0t in similar amount of time/similar miles. At 230+ it seems I can still turn & flip mine for 5-7k, only way I got that outta GLI was letting progressive totall it.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Yea man, it looking like it more and more. This thing has been a completely different animal than my GIAC FSI GTI. It seems that our experiences are reversed with our cars.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Damn dude, yer gettin’ out of it? Good luck! Yeah the flex pipes are super weak. I replaced that cat pipe myself once. Think next time I’ll have stronger flex joints welded in. Not much an engine movement issue anymore since I put the o34 track density upper mounts on. Just found out my neuspeed lower dog bushing got torn, seems it needs o34 solids down there too. I’m glad I ended up with the R, it’s given a couple great yrs overall. More probs with 2.0t in similar amount of time/similar miles. At 230+ it seems I can still turn & flip mine for 5-7k, only way I got that outta GLI was letting progressive totall it.

What’s a bummer is when I worked recently in Colorado we had some beauties of flex sections, I forgot to ask where we got them from so I could weld some in.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Ugggggggggggggggggg, why!?!?!?!?!? Man do I wish I could! GLWS, if you ever decide you just want to give it to me I will gladly take it lol.

LMAO! Hahahahaha! Thanks man! I feel I have fallen out of love with it, if that makes sense? I’ll trade you for a BPY... ;)

New OE windshield replaced. 1/29/19

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
When I was taking pics for the listing, I noticed there was a little bit of clear coat peeling by the left marker light. It’s now at the shop getting the entire bumper refinished.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Just got the car back from the shop and the bumper looks fantastic! [emoji106]