GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fob not working

fastwire

Ready to race!
Hey guys, after jump starting my car, the fob worked for some hours then quit doing it. Also b4 all this it fell to the floor, but still blinks.

I tried lots of thigs, new car battery, new fob battery, reprograme it with vagcom, car recognizes and flashes the front lights when a fob button is pressed in but wont work after the procedure. With the VAS tool is the same.

Also tried lots of combinations when fob is on the door lock.

I will order a new fob to see what happens, and gonna take a look in the rear boot for corrosion or bad wiring. any help is appreciated.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sounds like it may be the door lock switch...is the only thing it will not do is unlock the door? When you push unlock twice does the passenger door unlock, but not the driver door?

fastwire

Ready to race!
Sounds like it may be the door lock switch...is the only thing it will not do is unlock the door? When you push unlock twice does the passenger door unlock, but not the driver door?

its the remote controller that doesn't work.

Everything else works normal, the central lock, alarm etc.

After the car's battery went dead and then jump started the car and the fob worked a couple times then it quit working.

I think that I fried something with the battery jump start.

Or it just need reprograming.

Because when trying to reprogram it with vagcom, the car's light will blink when the fob is pressed but it wont end reprogramed.

Dunno how to reprogram it the correct way.

Is there a way to reprogram the fob? or only the dealer does it?

vagcom wont show any fault on the conv module.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Vagcom will do the remote, there is a good diy out there. Might need to disconnect the battery and reboot the car.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Vagcom will do the remote, there is a good diy out there. Might need to disconnect the battery and reboot the car.

yeah sounds good. didn't know the disconnect the battery thing. diy on this forum?

fastwire

Ready to race!
I think I found some useful info on several threads about this: try a capacitive discharge.

touching both battery terminals together with the battery disconnected of course.

There are lots of posts that doing this was common to fix electrical gremlins like fobs not working. This will reset the ECU too and its modules.

Can this enable the immobilizer thing? like erasing the memory of the immo coding ?

Last edited:
I think I found some useful info on several threads about this: try a capacitive discharge.

touching both battery terminals together with the battery disconnected of course.

There are lots of posts that doing this was common to fix electrical gremlins like fobs not working. This will reset the ECU too and its modules.

Can this enable the immobilizer thing? like erasing the memory of the immo coding ?

This is an almost comically bad idea on a modern car.

Don't do this. It can't help and might hurt.

erasing the immobilizer coding would make it impossible to start your car, fwiw. you'd have to tow it to the dealer to have keys reprogrammed.

and the immobilizer is a completely different system from the one that responds to commands from the fob remote.

The settings in your ECU are not simple. There are rather a lot of them. The vast majority of them need to stay just where they are. They are stored in non-volatile memory. that means that the settings are retained without power.

If you were to scramble those settings, you might need a new ECU. The good news is that it's a lot harder than just welding a screwdriver to your battery terminals.

fastwire

Ready to race!
yes I wont do that. well the fob is not working, vagcom wont reprogram it.

It shows a fault in the Conv. Control Module:

00352 - Terminal 30a - Open circuit - Intermitent

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Check your fuses