GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers for BBKS

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Which 4 piston kit do you have on the rear and where did you get your brackets from? Also, did you require a new handbrake setup?

That's my rear I posted in another thread. Brackets came from an old Vortex group buy, a member used to sell them in limited runs about 3-4 yrs ago.

4 piston caliper is the 17z... might be same rears as Porsche Cayenne S, I don't recall off top of my head. E-brake is from a 2nd gen Viper.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI

That's my rear I posted in another thread. Brackets came from an old Vortex group buy, a member used to sell them in limited runs about 3-4 yrs ago.

4 piston caliper is the 17z... might be same rears as Porsche Cayenne S, I don't recall off top of my head. E-brake is from a 2nd gen Viper.

How's the brake balance?

EvoIII

Ready to race!

Nicely done. Were these compatible with the OEM master cylinder? Brembo kits are vehicle specific which is why I did not go the " Porsche" route even though they are essentially the same brakes. Also , have you considered getting a decal made to cover the " Porsche " logo? Purely a personal choice , but a " GTI" decal in black would finish it off rather well. I think the MKVII has that in white on its calipers.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
No, Xolaque made them years back - 2009ish.

Brake balance feels pretty even to me - very noticable improvement over stock. I'm on the OEM booster - seems more than fine for daily and emergency situations. I want to do the booster upgrade eventually (TT, I think), but the car is fine without it so I'm not in a rush. Whenever I find a good used one I'll do it.

I've had some near crashes (Vancouver drivers, ugh!) and these have performed exceptionally. Stops fast.

Originally I was going to go label-less on the calipers (used repainted), but I got a deal I couldn't pass up on new ones from a dealer... so I just left them as-is.

Carkiller99

Trial complete on front. For the factory detroit 18 inch wheel the minimum sized spacer to use is an 8mm(H&R) with the Brembo 355x32, 6 piston kit. This is for a vehicle with VWR sport springs. It clears the calipers by about 2mm. I currently have 5mm spacers on the rear but will try 8mm as well. Spacers larger than 8mm caused the wheels to hit the fender when encountering larger bumps.

Also as an aside, one does not require longer studs. You may choose to use longer Porsche 19mm wheel bolts that come in longer lengths and are black.

19x8j tallageda Et 51 can i use with z18 BBK!? Doese somebody try this.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
After installing my 18z calipers I measured and made a template. These measurements may come in handy for some of you.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 10mm spacer I believe on my 18" detroits. I have the StopTech BBK 328 x 28mm.

No issues of rubbing the fenders with 10mm? I was thinking of using 12mm all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk