GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV 100K club!!!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Just hit 100k, half of it with a K04, no issues to speak of, these cars are a lot better than the previous mk4's IMO.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Im at 145200 miles

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Ronan1

Ready to race!
121k miles on mine since new. Replaced;

DSG under warranty
A/C Compressor
Fuel pump (low pressure)
coil pack (warranty)
Shocks at 75k miles
Original Front pads at 120k miles, rears (second set) @ 120k miles.

Highly recommend the FSD's as replacement OE shocks. Really comfortable and still great handling/body control.

Love the car! :smile:

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
wondering how long my k03 will last before grenading LOL

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Mine went at ~100k. With that said, there was no shaft play. So I'm thinking it was more to do with the internal WG. 95% wastegate duty cycle past 4500rpm.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
wondering how long my k03 will last before grenading LOL

Hard to say, a lot of variables at play.
Mine is at 212,000+ miles and no issues yet

Duster117

Ready to race!
Hard to say, a lot of variables at play.
Mine is at 212,000+ miles and no issues yet

damn!!!!
on an 06 at that!! u must drive A LOT!!
and I though I drove a lot at 35k miles a year
my last car was at 320k when I sold it.
my gti is at 87k so it wont be long

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
damn!!!!
on an 06 at that!! u must drive A LOT!!
and I though I drove a lot at 35k miles a year
Not any more than you.
Purchased new, Feb 2007. I also drive ≈35k/year.
6 years x 35k/year = 210,000

Duster117

Ready to race!
Not any more than you.
Purchased new, Feb 2007. I also drive ≈35k/year.
6 years x 35k/year = 210,000

ha...yep. I didnt do the math last night.
the funny thing is I bought my neon in 06
and at that time it just turned over 100k
I drive more now than I did when I got it.

BAMF

Ready to race!
Just rolled over 100k in my A3 2.0T last week. Purchased the car new in July 2007, so almost exactly 6 years to 100k. No major issues for the entire duration, and I've been APR stage 2 since 17k. I've had two coil packs fail (all four are now the latest revision,) fuel pressure sensor on the HPFP failed and was replaced with newest revision, preemptively replaced the DV and PCV when I got tuned. All maintenance intervals have been halved from factory spec (oil changed every 5k with Motul, DSG fluid changed every 20k.)

Now I'm preparing for a round of "freshening up" everything. All suspension/steering bushings are being replaced, upgraded motor mounts going in, new O2 sensor, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on anything else that's oft overlooked?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Just rolled over 100k in my A3 2.0T last week. Purchased the car new in July 2007, so almost exactly 6 years to 100k. No major issues for the entire duration, and I've been APR stage 2 since 17k. I've had two coil packs fail (all four are now the latest revision,) fuel pressure sensor on the HPFP failed and was replaced with newest revision, preemptively replaced the DV and PCV when I got tuned. All maintenance intervals have been halved from factory spec (oil changed every 5k with Motul, DSG fluid changed every 20k.)

Now I'm preparing for a round of "freshening up" everything. All suspension/steering bushings are being replaced, upgraded motor mounts going in, new O2 sensor, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on anything else that's oft overlooked?

Wheel bearings and brakes as necessary. Control arm bushings. Definitely check your cam/cam follower and HPFP. PCV again if you're running the stock one.