GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Solstice GXP

TheRisingTide

Ready to race!
Have you guys seen the GXP, and the specs. 260hp 260 ft lbs. RWD....not a bad platform for some go fast goodness! I was reading about it on EvoM SOunds like the motor is pretty stout too.

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
I though the solstice was fwd

TheRisingTide

Ready to race!
Its actually a Saab made 2.0 liter. Direct injection motor making 60 more hp, and 60ft lbs more torque than our GTI's are. The inside isint too shabby either given what kind of car it is. The price is comparable as well.

hobouncer

rocking the hawk
could you show me this saab? i can only seem to find the 2.0 turb 210 hp and a 2.8 6 cylinder turb making 250hp,... ohh wait you mean that nasty stationwagon looking thing that has the 260.. EWWWWWWWW gross.

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
It looks like a turd. Quite frankly, I think the Saturn Sky looks better. But as mentioned, it's GM :thumbdown:

Hcliff

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
The Sky, Solstice, and Opel GT use the Kappa platform architecture. Very nice structure. The central tunnel/side rail design is similar in design to the Corvette.

Some GM component sharing:

Rear axle and differential are from the Cadillac CTS
The Solstice's interior storage bin is from the Cadillac XLR
Passenger-side airbag, steering column, and exterior and interior door handles are from the Cobalt
The backup lights are from the GMT360 GMC Envoy
HVAC system/controls are from the Hummer H3
Fog lamps are from the Pontiac Grand Prix
The steering wheel is from the Pontiac Torrent
Ecotec engine (2.4L) is shared with the Saturn Ion, Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Cobalt, and Chevrolet HHR
Same manual transmission as the Hummer H3, GMC Canyon, and Chevrolet Colorado
Same automatic as the Cadillac CTS, STS, and SRX

Nice performance, however CRAPPY storage. About 1.2 cubic feet in the trunk, and zip in the cab.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
boss, where did you get that info from?

why would they put a truck tranny into this car (hummer h3, canyon and or colorado)? Why wouldn't they take the transmission from another sports car in the gm lineup?