GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Anniversary GTI?

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
What are your thoughts on the possibilty of an MKV Anniversary edition? Would it be the 30th Anniversary edition, or am I wrong? I will admit that I am a dunce when it comes to the history of our beloved GTI.

:respekt:

GTI2007

The first GTI was releases in Germany in 1976. So I think Germany and hopefully the rest of Europe is maybe getting a 30 year anniversary GTI for 2007. But than you could ask the question if that will go to America, of which I have no idea. I hope it also for you american guys

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
What makes an Anniversary Edtion GTI different from a regular GTI?

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Bouston said:
What makes an Anniversary Edtion GTI different from a regular GTI?

Last time, it was, 3 special colors, factory lip kit, 18 OZ wheels, tighter suspension, bigger brakes, 6 speed transmission (base had 5), sport seats, interior trim, fancy guages, perforated leather steering wheel, and a black headliner.

Did I miss anything? (I sure miss my 20th)

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
Accel said:
Last time, it was, 3 special colors, factory lip kit, 18 OZ wheels, tighter suspension, bigger brakes, 6 speed transmission (base had 5), sport seats, interior trim, fancy guages, perforated leather steering wheel, and a black headliner.

Did I miss anything? (I sure miss my 20th)

You pretty much got it. In other words, it's all the mods you would ever want done on a GTi already there for you straight from the factory. Since those were 20th anniversary and were out in 2003 then the next will be the 25th anniversary in 2008. That is if VW decides to do anything.

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
marcinek said:
You pretty much got it. In other words, it's all the mods you would ever want done on a GTi already there for you straight from the factory. Since those were 20th anniversary and were out in 2003 then the next will be the 25th anniversary in 2008. That is if VW decides to do anything.

do you guys think that when and if the new(er) anniversary GTI comes over to our shores, that it would be lower in height than the stock version of the 2006 mkv? i guess what i'm asking is, was the 20th anniversary lower than the 2003 mkiv stock gti? does that make any sense??? LOL. :iono:

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
GTI2007 said:
The first GTI was releases in Germany in 1976. So I think Germany and hopefully the rest of Europe is maybe getting a 30 year anniversary GTI for 2007. But than you could ask the question if that will go to America, of which I have no idea. I hope it also for you american guys

thanks for the history of our beloved mkv, gti07!!! i feel somewhat better of being a gti newb!!!:bonk:

Last edited:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
bmwr32 said:
do you guys think that when and if the new(er) anniversary GTI comes over to our shores, that it would be lower in height than the stock version of the 2006 mkv? i guess what i'm asking is, was the 20th anniversary lower than the 2003 mkiv stock gti? does that make any sense??? LOL. :iono:

Yes, it was a bit lower then the normal 2003 GTI, sportier springs, and bigger wheels with Michellin Pilot Sport tires (all kinds of awesome). I'll post a picture when I get home of my stock 20th AE.

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
Dubdr said:
If you don't mind, what happened to you AE? If it is too painful to talk about I understand.:brokenheart:

who the heck is AE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

wait, is that an acronym for Anniversary Edition??

Last edited:

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
I stopped by the Tunersville VW, in Turnersville NJ last night on the way back from dinner, I had not realized that it was there, I have driven past it umteen times, but anyway, I had to stop by and I did, it was closed but I pulled up and I saw a red mkv gti inside the showroom, because it was 20 something degrees outside with the wind chill and all, as i was looking at it, I said to myself, 25th aniiversary. Like my fast says, less than 60,000 miles until you are worthy to buy a GTI!!!

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
Accel said:
Yes, it was a bit lower then the normal 2003 GTI, sportier springs, and bigger wheels with Michellin Pilot Sport tires (all kinds of awesome). I'll post a picture when I get home of my stock 20th AE.

so when and if the 25th anniversary comes this way, it will have a lower sportier stance, compared to the stock height??

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
bmwr32 said:

Correct!

Here is the regular 1.8T MKIV GTI, notice how high it is...:thumbdown:

Here is the 20th. Modded rims and you can see it is lower:thumbup: :