GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 owners... head to INDUKTION

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
First off let me say hi, being that this is my first post to the forums...

This post caught my attention off google when I was looking for ways to give my Rabbit some more power. My question is, and I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this upgrade void the warranty:iono:

All new VW's are equipped with a flash counter. Even if you have a program that you can turn on and off, if VW flashes your car for whatever reason they will be able to see that the car has been flashed. On a regular service they won't notice, but if they ever look into the ECU they will see that you've re-flashed your car.

Edit: qouted the wrong post, meant to qoute GTItom

Jack stephen

Banned
Car(s)
A rabbit
Valet mode? Does it only work with the valet key? Or do you have to do something to get in this slow mode? Im lost.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Valet mode? Does it only work with the valet key? Or do you have to do something to get in this slow mode? Im lost.

You plug in the little program switcher thingy and change it to valet mode.

peoplekillrobots

Ready to race!
other than possibly voiding the warranty, are there any other negative effects associated with flashing the ECU? I was at the dealership picking up my tags and a fellow VW owner mentioned to me that flashing the ECU would give the extra horsepower, but would cause more wear on my engine. Is this true? Because after I finish my cosmetic mods and repair a dinged tire, I would like to get into some performance and engine mods, and this seems like a great local shop to go to, but is it worth the 550 bucks for my 2.0T.