GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 ED30 with K04 and Stage 2 cant beat a Stg1 standard GTI?

KiwiS4

Had my 2009 Mk5 GTI Pirelli (Edition30) stage2 tuned today by Eurodyne from one of their maps.
Got lightweight Rays wheels
Intake
Big downpipe no cat and custom free flow exhaust

Went out on the motorway today and had a few runs against a good friends 2007 GTI K03 with downpipe and Stage1 APR tune.

His car sits virtually side by side with mine all the way and only after a few attempts did we notice the K04 pull a fraction in front at higher speeds.

What is going on?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You sure the Eurodyne tune is a K04 or K04 variant tune? Did you upgrade the hpfp? Your injectors are different than S3 injectors, right? Eurodyne's site is for $#!@t...it is impossible to see what K04 bits are necessary and which tune you need. I say contact them and ask...because I was quicker than APR stage 2 tuned mk5's when I just had a GIAC stage 1 tune=no mods.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Had my 2009 Mk5 GTI Pirelli (Edition30) stage2 tuned today by Eurodyne from one of their maps.
Got lightweight Rays wheels
Intake
Big downpipe no cat and custom free flow exhaust

Went out on the motorway today and had a few runs against a good friends 2007 GTI K03 with downpipe and Stage1 APR tune.

His car sits virtually side by side with mine all the way and only after a few attempts did we notice the K04 pull a fraction in front at higher speeds.

What is going on?

Maybe your friend's GTI is a factory freak?

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Seems unlikely to me. There is a problem with your tune or car, a stage 1 tune for the edition 30 makes 290hp and 400nm, stage 1 K03 tune is like 250hp.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Your injectors are different than S3 injectors, right?
The ED30 has S3 injectors from factory. I think the engine (BYD) itself is the same as the S3 (BHZ), same pistons, same rods, just a bit de-tuned but uses the normal GTI intercooler and probably exhaust.

Last edited:

KiwiS4

Or maybe the OP doesn't know how to drive that well? (No offense)

Haha im all good there, driven plenty of fast cars fast.
We tried many different scenarios like standing start and rolling start and hes neck and neck.

It must be the Eurodyne tune not being a proper k04 tune.

KiwiS4

Did you dyno the car?

Last edited:

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I was thinking the same thing. Those torque numbers look wicked unrealistic. And your horsepower numbers look very low for your stage and tune. Try getting it dynoed somewhere else.