GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's wrong with this picture? Re; ECS's picture of Autotech's HPFP

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm inquiring about this through messaging both ECS and Autotech just tonight so that ECS corrects their picture. Read your Tech-Instructions for install pdf.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-autotech-parts/hi-volume-fuel-pump-upgrade-kit/10-127-100k/

ECS and their pictures....I have ECS's Stage 3 BBK and when I got it it had pictures of the calipers installed with pictures of the bleeder valves at the bottom in the instructions provided with the kit and my calipers got installed upside down per ECS's instructions I handed to the shop for installing them....guess who had to pay to have them reversed so they were installed correctly?

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Autotech confirms ECS pic is incorrect...for those who go by picture rather than read instructions. :thumbsup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I just installed my second Autotech. My first one got destroyed after just 5800 miles. My tech installed the original cam follower when he did the hpfp swap and I had the version A intake cam. I thought I was going to be fine and just check the CF after 10k miles. Luckily my dealer covered it under the extension and replaced the cam and pump, but I still had to buy another 2nd hpfp upgrade from APR. I just installed a new Autotech to see if the old APR hpfp or regulator was causing the 110 bar high pressure target, but it is still a 110 bar target. So I am going to put the APR back in until it or its regulator is shot and save the new hpfp w/Autotech internals for later.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
How do I know if I have Cam A or Cam B? I'm going to be buying AutoTech's HPFP internals and will be installing a new Cam Follower at the same time and ROH ECHT's comment made me a little nervous.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Your '06 GTI may have come with either A or B. You will have to check, and removing the vacuum pump is the fastest way to confirm what you have. Good luck.

A cam

B cam

Take a close look at cam lobe, B and J the Hpfp lobe is pressed on to shaft.

Last edited:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
So why the TB and warranty extension for the A cam in '60 &'07?

My 3/06 build date GTI came with a B cam and is also still on the original cam.

SOME 06 and 07 cars had A cams. As far as I remember there is no VIN split. You have to take the vacuum pump apart and check.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
My 3/06 build date GTI came with a B cam and is also still on the original cam.

SOME 06 and 07 cars had A cams. As far as I remember there is no VIN split. You have to take the vacuum pump apart and check.

Had to take a look back at the WE from VW and it does state that certain '06 & '07 MY BPY engine code. So it would appear that both styles of cams were available at the engine assembly line for MY '06 & '07.

Made proper corrections on previous post.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Thank you for the info. But I don't think I'll be upgrading my HPFP and getting the APR stage 2+ tune since I was informed that my stock clutch wouldn't handle the extra low end torque.

Finder

Ready to race!
Stock clutch can handle tuned stock turbo (K03). Just go for it.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Thank you for the info. But I don't think I'll be upgrading my HPFP and getting the APR stage 2+ tune since I was informed that my stock clutch wouldn't handle the extra low end torque.

Bad information. FSI clutch is resilient to anything a stock turbo can put out unless you abuse it on launch.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Stock clutch can handle tuned stock turbo (K03). Just go for it.

Yeah but stage 2+? The other guys made it sound like the added low end power from the stage 2+ tune would push the stock clutch past it's limits.

I'm stage 2 right now and I don't have any clutch slipping issues, is it really worth the risk?

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
This is the quote from Clockwise33.

"My advise would be to either stay at S2 and put money into suspension or LSD, or go all out with an aftermarket clutch, HPFP, S3 injectors and K04.

The S2+ only increased low end torque and added no top end power. S2 already fell flat at high RPM and the S2+ just made it worse / more noticeable."

He seemed pretty knowledgeable and very convincing.

I forgot this piece of the quote where he talks about the clutch.

"I didn't find the gain from S2 to S2+ worth the expense of the HPFP. Within a month I was shopping for a K04 to justify buying the HPFP.

Are you on the stock clutch? If so, the added low end torque from the S2+ will increase the likelihood of clutch slip."