GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F!#$ the rain

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
whats the point in turning off ESC at all? i only turn it off when i am launching the car.

Handles better and eat more fun to drive. If you have no skills be careful it can surprise you sometimes if your not careful

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Wheel hop in rain? I would think they would just spin.

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
OK. Something doesnt add up. Youre running stage 2 on an 07 which is FSI. That means you should have an intake which means the engine cover doesnt fit or must be cut. Secondly, turning off the ESP in the rain is a recipe for dumbassery. The only time I have ever gotten violent wheel hop is when it was slick and I was trying to peel out in first before I upgraded my engine mounts. The conditions for wheel hop violent enough to break something must be intentional, not accidental. From what I can tell, one of the two of us is not bright.

ricewithsticks

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Weird. Something similar happened to me with the wheel hop. Was at the 1/8th mile track and had mad wheel hop. Later found out my engine cover had shifted out of place with all of the rubber connectors ripped. One of the brackets that hold the prong for the rubber connectors had BENT out of shape. It takes a LOT of force to physically bend that bracket, but the only explanation I can think of is the wheel hop and engine vibration.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Sometimes you just want to chirp your tires just the for shit and giggles, but i would not do it on a rainy day lol, actually, i kind of like watching the little bitch blinking.

SMRGTI

Reefur Madness
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Sent my stock fuel pump to APR for rebuild. Got it back, installed it, and went to the tuner shop for the HPFP reflash (GIAC). Truthfully nothing big on the power gains, maybe a little more in the mid/upper RPMs. Really only worth the investment if deciding to go BT down the road.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Sent my stock fuel pump to APR for rebuild. Got it back, installed it, and went to the tuner shop for the HPFP reflash (GIAC). Truthfully nothing big on the power gains, maybe a little more in the mid/upper RPMs. Really only worth the investment if deciding to go BT down the road.

Same thing happened to me with REVO/Autotech....then i got the Forge Wastegate actuator........cut .6XX to my 1/4 mile time. :happyanim:

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI

That was the best upgrade so far that i've done to the car. I would tell you to get the RS4 PRV since GIAC has a file to take advantage of the uprated pressure. :wink:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
lol. isn't this likely to cause turbulence? how exactly did you use the actuator to achieve that?

With the original WG i was getting 18psi peak (even when flooring it in 4th gear) with no leaks, requested was about 21.x psi, with the forge unit (yellow spring) car is able to peak 22-24psi all day long, and hold 12psi to redline, instead of my old 9-10psi to redline, my car has REVO S2+, so it was tuned with the boost numbers a bit high to take advantage of the WG and the HPFP, Forge recommend using the WG ONLY if you have the pump file, because otherwise you may go too lean with the stock pump and higher boost.

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
If you have no skills be careful it can surprise you sometimes if your not careful

Are you all really pushing the car that hard on a daily basis that traction control saves your life on the regular?
Is it that much of a crutch to you and your driving skills that you're amazed what FWD is like with loss of traction?

Is ESP going to help a reckless driver? Or is it just going to prolong an incident needed to teach them; where it could potentially be worse incident down the line?

Surprise? Like what? A FWD car lost traction on suspension unload while the driver was still on the throttle? That's surprising?

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
With the original WG i was getting 18psi peak (even when flooring it in 4th gear) with no leaks, requested was about 21.x psi, with the forge unit (yellow spring) car is able to peak 22-24psi all day long, and hold 12psi to redline, instead of my old 9-10psi to redline, my car has REVO S2+, so it was tuned with the boost numbers a bit high to take advantage of the WG and the HPFP, Forge recommend using the WG ONLY if you have the pump file, because otherwise you may go too lean with the stock pump and higher boost.

Ahh makes sense. Awesome

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2