GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F!#$ the rain

MAD MKV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Gti
On friday i was driving and it was raining and i had epc off and i came over the top off a hill and lost traction got some wheel hop and it shook my engine cover so hard it broke my fuel pump regulator, instantly my epc light and check engine light came on and my car went into limp mode. i didnt find out it broke my fuel pump till later that night when i took my engine cover off. Last night i ordered APR's hpfp, just wanted to hear other people opinions on them, is there a noticable difference in power at higher rpms?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
U even tuned?

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Lessoned learned. Leave your traction on and slow down. Better then hydroplaning across the lanes of traffic and getting hit.
Enjoy APR2+.

surfmb

Ready to race!
you must have been driving hard to cause wheel hop to the extent that you break shit...
wet weather + lack of common sense = broken car

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Sounds like you need to invest in some stiffer motor mounts, at least a dogbone insert or something.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
yes its better and you will feel it. but please dont turn off esp in the rain. i assume you have some not so good tires for the rain?

toaster11

Only Windsor Dub
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Bald tires + esp off in rain = drift king

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door

Fabidavis_510

Euro Blast Gang
Car(s)
2006 GLI DSG
FWD drifting YO!

defense05

Ready to race!
whats the point in turning off ESC at all? i only turn it off when i am launching the car.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you or know someone who has done it I would go Autotech.

BAMF

Ready to race!
I used to run ESC off daily (when it wasn't wet) because it would kick in every time I accelerated hard in first or second, and sometimes third. After getting sticker tires though it never kicks in unless I'm legitimately in an "oh sh-t" moment. Better tires should be the first thing on anyone's list if you're tuned. :thumbup: