GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy:TyrolSport Dead Set subframe collars

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Installed today, super easy!!! My subframe was literally about 1/4" shifted to the driver side, I had to use a rubber mallet to align the collars in the passenger side rear APR bolt. No more popping!!!

I also found out I obliterated an end link on my passenger side yesterday when I rolled my fenders. That was a part of my popping im sure. Gonna order ksport endlinks and be done with it.

Thank you guys for an awesome product!

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
Installed, but not easy with ramp because subframe moved to front while dropping subframe. Switched to jack stands and front tire on air to be able to move back subframe to align. Not driving yet.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Installed these over the weekend. Super easy install. Did have one moment were I had to step back and rethink what I was doing. Basically the collars don't slide right into any of the subframe or chassis holes (Why should they, they're made to prevent subframe shifting). I realized I had to press these bad boys in. So when I got it all installed and the botls loosely screwed in I brought out the floor jack to press them into the subframe and the chassis.

Thanks for making an awesome kit. Still evaluating the effects of them so no review right now

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I FINALLY had the collars installed by a local shop while I was there getting my tune reflashed on my car (dealership overwrote it while car was in for maintenance).
So far I have put about 50miles on the car and I dig it!
The car feels much more rigid and go rid of a bunch of clunk noises (still have some noise from RSB and camber plates though).
The best way I can describe this is for those of you who have installed any or either of the Unibrace products. The front end of the car feels more responsive
I am very glad I purchased this and eagerly await the solution for the rear subframe.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
So a bunch of you guys have installed this kit now, anyone have issues with getting alignment to spec, or generally been OK without ability to move subframe anymore?

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
I just had my alignment done for the second time since installing collars two months ago.. No issues at all.

Tracked my car last Friday for the first time since installing collars and there is still a "micro-clunk".. I ignored it as it showed up. I didn't feel any real noticeable difference in handling performance either. Day to day is where I notice the improvement. Anything under balls out driving, the clunk is gone. For that alone, it's worth it.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I drove ~1600 miles this last week on vacation after getting the subframe collars installed and I love the way it feels. :thumbsup: Tyrolsport

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
So a bunch of you guys have installed this kit now, anyone have issues with getting alignment to spec, or generally been OK without ability to move subframe anymore?

I have camber plates but,

Installed them, got an alignment. Initial specs showed the alignment all out of whack, including a camber increase and toe on driver, mild increase of toe passenger. Obviously toe is correctable, but it looks like you'd need camber plates as said before.

Overall, car feels more solid in the front. Got rid of some noises that were starting.

Installed them myself while I had my subframe off for clutch install.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Yea I had a problem with getting my front passenger side camber into spec. I think that might be due to me installing both the collars and TT control arms at the same time. Driver side is -1.8 and passenger side is -2.5.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
when I installed collars on ramp, subframe moved to forward and I couldn't align subframe on body. I had to put jack stand on front to realign. Front wheels in air will be easy to align and adjust subframe.