GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scumbag Thread

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
I'm not sure if a thread like this exists or not, but I thought it would be nice to come share stories about people you've met with that just do some messed up stuff. I guess I'll start.

A few years ago, I was shopping for my first car, looking around classifieds and craigslist. I spent well over a year looking around until I finally got my mkv :). Anyways, I always loved sti's but obviously, it was impossible to find one in my price range, being a 17 year-old kid. I was looking on craigslist one day and happened upon an incredible deal. I don't remember the exact details, but it was an 07 sti with hardly any miles, I believe it was under 20k, owner said it was garage kept, not daily driven, and completely stock. But the price was the kicker: $12,000 (if my memory serves me correctly, it was something insanely low). mind you, this was in 2009, so the price would have been even more ridiculous then. Obviously, I was skeptical. I thought, at best, it had a rebuilt title, but nonetheless, I emailed the owner for more information. This is what I found out. The car was completely as described. Original title, mileage. Was the price a typo? $22,000 would have seemed closer to reasonable. Nope price was right $12,00. Explanation: Turns out the owner was a woman. Her and her husband had recently gotten a divorce. She said he kept the car in pristine condition, it was his weekend car and he babied it. During the divorce, she fought to get the car and won. BUT, (and here's the most messed up part) she never liked it and couldn't even drive a manual, so she needed it gone. Needless to say, I didn't buy it. I don't think I could feel right driving around in a car that was obtained in such a way, even if it was a steal.
TL;DR Woman wins husband's weekend car in a divorce just to get rid of it.

So add your stories of scumbag people

Did you actually talk with her on the phone? I've seen countless classifieds like this and they're always scams.

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Did you actually talk with her on the phone? I've seen countless classifieds like this and they're always scams.

:clap: i can't believe no one chimed in on that any sooner. op, that was definitely a classic african money order scam. you're lucky you weren't dumb enough at the time to buy it.

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck

We communicated through emails, but it seemed legitimate, just kinda messed up on her part

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah that's typically how it goes. Ask for her phone number, she'll tell you she's away in Europe somewhere and there's no phone lol
Well I did ask for more pictures, like of the engine bay and interior and she sent them to me

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
So add your stories of scumbag people

I'm waiting for the train. It stops and the doors open. There's an old man standing right in front of the door and he won't move. So I just squeeze right on past him. Just the very edge of my jacket lightly brushes him. He reacts as if this was an anti-matter explosion and hurls himself across the train car straight into the chest of a very attractive young lady who was standing in the open. After making full body contact with her he is still fumbling and grabbing as if he can't keep his balance without holding onto her assets. A crowd of people were flowing in right behind me and he stumbled back into the crowd joining the flow down to the other end of the car. He ninja vanished. Then I realized that I had just seen a true master scumbag. I respected him for what he did. It probably took him 20 years to master that technique and it was barely noticeable as anything more than the normal every day jostling an old man endures on the train. He was gone before we could even figure out what had really happened.

Am I doing it right?