GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Candy White Delight

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
My build thread of sorts...progress of my car. Bought this car in October 2014. It is a 2009 GTI, TSI, 6-speed, plaid cloth interior, sunroof, heated seats, full painted votex kit (that I can only assume is OEM), stock when purchased.

The day I got her:

Here is a list of mods so far:

Exterior:
Debadged rear (GTI/2.0)
Debadged front (GTI emblem)
Painted front/rear VW emblems
Euro-style LED taillights (Depot)
LED reverse bulbs
HID/projector fog lights 4500K
Open foglight grilles
Clear side-markers with LED bulbs
LED city bulbs
Upgraded FTP bulbs
ECS jack-point conversion
Volk Racing TE37SL Black Edition wheels (17x8.5)
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (235-45R17)

Interior:
New South boost gauge in vent pod
Full LED interior lighting
Black cherry hazard light switch
Euro switch
LED 'puddle lights' front and rear doors
'GTI' front seat handle lever inserts
Plaid vinyl on rear view mirror

Engine/Drivetrain:
APR Stage 2 (program switching/launch control/no-lift-shift)
NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs
Red-top coilpacks
Red plug wire cover
Unitronic intake
Forge diverter valve
Unitronic intercooler
Neuspeed charge/discharge pipes (with noise-pipe delete)
Billy Boat turbo-back exhaust
Diesel Geek Sigma 6 short-shifter
BSH dogbone insert
BSH pendulum mount
BSH engine mount
BSH transmission mount
TyrolSport dead-set kit

Suspension:
Whiteline rear sway bar/urethane mounts/adjustable end-links
Whiteline front sway bar/urethane mounts/adjustable end-links
Whiteline front/rear urethane control arm bushings
Whiteline anti-lift kit
H&R coilovers with adjustable dampening
HD strut mounts
TyrolSport hatch brace (stage 2)

Here are some pictures from along the way:

Here's the most recent pictures:

Last edited:

ewmin3m

Very clean car :D

Could you provide a part number for your LED city lights and if they're not available what type of bulb i should be looking for ?

One of mine is out and I figure i'd replace both of them on my Rabbit. Maybe a white coloured LED ..(currently the stock yellow)

Thanks,
CJ

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Thanks! LED city lights are from ECS. Here is a link:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-parts/city-light-high-intensity-led-kit/zzamk5clk-3/

Here's a before/after:
Before:

After:

It's a notable upgrade, but you will need a euro-switch and vag-com coding to run them as seen in these pics. Otherwise, headlights will be on. With the euro-switch, you can run city lights alone with/without fogs. Another great upgrade if you don't already have it!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So where's the build...?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
LOL....I said 'build thread of sorts....progress of my car.' I can't even come close to comparing to some of the builds going on here right now. There will be more things for this car in the future, though. The current plans are Unitronic intercooler, stage 2 APR and then K04 eventually. This is more or less still a daily driver, so I'm not gonna go too crazy, but eh....who knows....famous last words, right?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Haha, just messing with ya, I'm just getting antsy with my own build.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Have done a few upgrades since my last post, so I will update this. The things that have been added are as follows:

APR Stage 2 tune (program switching/launch control/no-lift-shift)
NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs
Red top coil packs
Red spark plug wire cover
Plaid vinyl on rear view mirror
Unitronic intercooler
Volk Racing TE37SL Black Edition wheels (17x8.5) Thanks jshay!
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (235-45R17)

Tune is amazing....love the new power curve and additional boost. Nice to be able to switch between fuels as 93 isn't always available everywhere. No-lift-shift is great...keeps boost up during shifts. Have only used launch control once, but it's nice to have the option. It is adjustable RPM and you can alter boost level with the throttle. Intercooler was a nice upgrade that keeps heat-soak at bay and the wheels/tires have been a great visual and functional improvement. All in all, coming together nicely.

Oh, and before anyone comments on it, I am working on color matching my side markers (kinda got put on the back burner) so they aren't on there currently.

On to pictures!

Still want to do some brake upgrades, clutch/steel shift forks/LSD and then K04....but all in good time.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Thanks, bro. Honestly, the wheels look better on there than I expected. I originally wasn't a big fan of the sticker, but the red really works on there.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
No, have not done tensioner, but that will hopefully be done at some point. I'm at 60k now.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
wheels look so good. Glad they went to something who loves them.

City lights confuse me - when are they ever on? You have to have key on, ignition off, lights on and maybe handbrake on? Off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
City lights are on with or without the fogs using the first click of the knob (with euro switch). North America just has an on/off type headlight switch (and pull to add fogs) but the euro switch (with correct coding) will do city lights with/without fogs and then regular HIDs with/without fogs.

Now if you're talking the 'flash to pass' (FTP) bulb on the inner part of the headlights, that's basically worthless in normal factory mode. Mine are programmed to come on with the brights though, so the high beams are SUPER bright. Kinda technically illegal, but there are a few not so legal mods on the car anyway and I'm really good about switching to dims when cars are coming at me....I try not to blind anyone.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
That's my point - when are you ever actually using city lights in the car? Basically only when parked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk