GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

ARCH3RB13

Hey all my name's Archer I just purchased a new to me 2009 GTI 6 speed manual and I love it. I look forward to talking with you all and working on the car. See you around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gazraff89

Hey all recently purchased a golf gti mk5 dsg in red. Great car had a couple of issues due to the previous owner not having it serviced properly or knowing common problems but overall loving the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan.nees0

Hey guys, just bought a 08 Gti red manual with 54k miles. Looking to tune it asap but really stuck between APR and Unitronic. Any suggestions? Also new to the VW world so if anyone has any suggestions about wheels, tires, lowering etc. greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zurdozorro

Hi all!

Hello everyone! I'm not too new to vw's as I've been driving them since the early 2000's. I thought I'd register as the vortex is a little slow in the MK5 forum area. Apparently I had signed up three years ago and never posted. Oh well, here's my intro..

I've had this car for a little over three years, freshly lowered (finally) on some WRDs, no major mods though k&n typhoon, noise pipe delete with oem parts, short shifter, BFI heavy knob.. and lots of maintenance parts. This is my personal fifth vw, I had shared a few with an ex including a B4 tdi passat. My past cars were a 99.5 vr6 gti, 97 jetta glx, 95 passat glx and a 2000 golf 1.8t. I look forward to checking out the forum:biggrin:

DuncanHP

Hey everyone. I just bought my First Vw 3 weeks ago and its a 08 MKV GTI and I'm looking to do some stuff to it and learn a lot about it, so thats why I'm here. So far Im loving the car. Its nice to shit on the local Hondas which are everywhere.

kpayton

Whatup!

Hello all - Owner of a White MKV 2 Door Coupe. 120k on the Odometer and still going.

Got a Battery failing and a headliner falling. I was really close to tossing in the towel as I have zero time to work on the car. First Battery since I bought it with 18k on the odometer I cant complain but the headliner pisses me off as Ive never had a headliner start to fall. Been doing searches for headliner failure. Ive seen a few people do a full out replacement but noone has posted pics of DIY fixes like the thumb tacks and such.

Agent X

Don, Southern California... I have a 2008 GTI and she is my baby! And badly in need of repair right now, but I'll post that in another thread! Best car I've ever driven. I owned an 85 Jetta also and loved that car til I could no longer afford the repairs it needed. Drove it 10 years. Plan on driving my GTI for years to come!

kray15

Hey everybody. Got my first Golf last February after crashing my mazda 3. I bought it off craigslist, and am now having electrical issues. Hoping to get some answers here. Thanks in advance.

kray15

Sorry to be more clear. I've got a 2007 GTI 4dr DSG I believe it to be the FSI engine. I'm pretty new to Golf's but the car is loads of fun to drive, I just want it running properly.

pilottangocharlie

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself as I just joined the forum here. I live in the Fort Worth area and recently purchased a black 2008 2 door Rabbit after ditching the car payment I had on a 2016 Jetta.

The Rabbit had the well known vacuum pump oil leak when I purchased it, but had just one previous owner who put 100K miles on the car. I will be slowly going through different parts of the car to get it back in shape and hope to find great use from the forum/community available here.

Tyler

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Welcome!