GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where have all the coupe's gone?

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Is it just me or are there more coupe fans out there than VW realizes? My last trip to the dealership educated me to the fact that VW is not offering any more coupe models in any line in the USA (Europe, no problem) since I think 2015? These four door hatch GTI's just don't get my heart a throbin' like my coupe. So, when it ages out...:cry:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I thought getting rid of 2 door Golfs was to make way for the Scirocco to come to the US.
Dieselgate changed plans significantly so that is no longer happening, also its more expensive to federalize multiple models so they are continuing with the cost savings of only offering 4 door models.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Plus the 4 door far out sells the coupes anyway, when I was in Denver the 4 door mk6-7's were selling like crazy and the coupes were just sitting.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
The 2-door hatch has more rear leg room than the 4-door. The 4-door is easier to get into the back seat, but then your knees are by your ears. I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the back seat of my 2-door with tons of room to spare.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Four doors>two doors. As someone that always had 2 door hatchbacks, then bought a 4 door not totally sold on that fact, 4 doors is just better. Especially on this type of car that is based on versatility.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car

This is odd. I also thought 2017 GTI's were no longer offered in 2-door versions, as discussed in this September 2016 Car & Driver article.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/no-more-two-door-the-volkswagen-gti-two-door-is-dead/

But the one shown in Roh Echt's link is obviously a 2-door, and was verified by the VIN. Anyone know what's really going on?

I suspect eliminating 2-doors is a VW of America thing. Attempted to "configure" a new GTI on VW's website. No option for a 2-door there, but there wasn't an option for a sunroof either, so the website may just be lame.

I bought my GTI 3 years ago and actually wanted a 4-door sunroof 6MT - which proved hard to find at that time. I "settled" for a 2-door and have grown to prefer it. Don't think I'd buy a 4-door now.