GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 tune

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, I thought to say the same thing a week ago...but the OP did state in the title "tune" so they got a pass from me. :lol:

OP, what is it you want? To do a test drive or needing advice on Tuner dealers?

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
Yeah, I thought to say the same thing a week ago...but the OP did state in the title "tune" so they got a pass from me. :lol:

OP, what is it you want? To do a test drive or needing advice on Tuner dealers?

I just need a stage 1 tune cause I adding more mods to my car so I need a lil more power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
A stage 1 tune doesn't require any mods, just go to a company that sells it, (APR, REVO, GIAC, etc.) and have them flash it onto your ECU via the OBD2 port.

Although, I don't recommend APR any longer since they dumbed their tunes down.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just do a search for local VW/Audi tuner dealers. Or, TyrolSport does GIAC tunes; http://www.tyrolsport.com/index.php?p=service&service=power-enhancing-modifications

If you are adding an "intake/performance filter"...and a DP, you can go stage 2 with GIAC, Revo, Unitronic, or APR. I first did just a GIAC pump performance tune many years ago and it ran 14.1s 1/4ET at 100 mph. All I had was a drop-in air filter and the GIAC tune. Others with APR stage 2 w/intake and DP's were doing mid 14's.

Mostly you'll notice the power in the first three gears...up to about 90mph. After that....it's acceleration begins to die off. But for those first three gears...way more torque and acceleration. You'll enjoy it.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I have a stage 2 tune with a DP and an intake and I can run mid 13's. So mid 14's sounds like they didn't know how to either launch the car or shift at the right times.

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
I have a stage 2 tune with a DP and an intake and I can run mid 13's. So mid 14's sounds like they didn't know how to either launch the car or shift at the right times.

So for me to get a stage 2 I need a dp?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There were just two guys there with APR S2....both were four door and manual...mine is DSG and 2-door. I'm sure driver mod was listed as a tune requirement and they neglected it. I also thought they should be sub my ET because I was seeing upper half of 13's being posted on the 1/4mi threads. This was 10 years ago before I put in the K04.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So for me to get a stage 2 I need a dp?

Stage 2 for APR, GIAC, REVO, and Unitronic here in the states suggests or will not tune unless you have an intake and DP. European stages differ...they do things differently and I believe they clarify stages by bhp....not mods or tune specification. Mostly due to majority of tunes there are done by custom tuners. They always throw me off with their stage's level talk, LOL.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I don't think it's even possible to tune stage 2 without a DP because you need more flow for the turbo to spin faster. Also heat from the pre-cat would probably be very bad for the turbo.

Anyway I wouldn't tune the car unless it has absolutely no problems to begin with, so you should take care of your oil problem first.

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
I don't think it's even possible to tune stage 2 without a DP because you need more flow for the turbo to spin faster. Also heat from the pre-cat would probably be very bad for the turbo.

Anyway I wouldn't tune the car unless it has absolutely no problems to begin with, so you should take care of your oil problem first.

Lml okay [emoji23]

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
There were just two guys there with APR S2....both were four door and manual...mine is DSG and 2-door. I'm sure driver mod was listed as a tune requirement and they neglected it. I also thought they should be sub my ET because I was seeing upper half of 13's being posted on the 1/4mi threads. This was 10 years ago before I put in the K04.

The 4 door models are heavier aren't they?