GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Rear Strut Bar/Brace?

stangg172006

____ like a Rabbit.
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit S
shows how much u know by that stupid ignorant comment.

they actually do a whole lot if set up properly..

it serves to stiffen your car's rigidity, reduces body flex, helps by controlling body roll and significantly improves handling on the track.

my advice to you buddy is if u know jack just dont say anything

You're right except for the fact that you're wrong. The MKV chassis is plenty stiff for anything anyone in the world will ever do in a MKV. They, if anything, make a marginal difference. Not enough to justify even spending $50 on a part.

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
You're right except for the fact that you're wrong. The MKV chassis is plenty stiff for anything anyone in the world will ever do in a MKV. They, if anything, make a marginal difference. Not enough to justify even spending $50 on a part.

WTF???????? have u been on a track before??? have you set up a track car and know much about suspension set ups?????

do you know much about suspension geometry and what the effects strut bars have?

i doubt it. go talk to people who track/race their cars and tell them that strut bars etc are completely useless and have no effect none what so ever.

for the street they are completely useless but for the track i can guarantee you they make a massive difference. i know so cos i track enough to know what benefits they bring to a car and its handling

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Front strut brace is useless. The shock towers are so close to the firewall that a tiny brace wont do anything. Subframe bracing is worth it IMO considering there are plenty of weak points with the stock subframe configuration. Rear strut brace can't hurt, however IMO the only thing that makes a difference bracing wise on our cars is subframe bracing, and or a full cage.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
braces

^i have the lower rear 4point brace on my car now. is it the same thing as the stern brace? also, overall thoughts on these braces?

Pretty much. A brace is a brace, just strengthens the chassis. The Stern brace just attaches to different points that the brace you showed in the picture. As far as the quality of the brace you are using... :iono: Like I said, a brace is a brace. As long as it has solid mounting points and doesnt break, its doing something positive.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
I can't find any pics or reference to it, but someone produces a rear framework 'strut' which looks like an open lattice seatback panel.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

GTIWV

WV VW

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Wow those look stupid with the spider and spider web

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
rofl, exactly

Baner

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have just installed ksport coils on my gti, any idea how to get to the rear damping adjusters w/out taking the strut off?
HELPPPPPPP

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck
I have just installed ksport coils on my gti, any idea how to get to the rear damping adjusters w/out taking the strut off?
HELPPPPPPP

What are you doing, man? Come on...

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
for the street they are completely useless but for the track i can guarantee you they make a massive difference. i know so cos i track enough to know what benefits they bring to a car and its handling

....I have UNIbraces fitted to my Mk5 GTI - Both UB and XB and they make a massive difference wherever you drive. Your car doesn't know whether it's on a road or a track - It merely responds to how it's being driven. Here in Europe there are plenty of bendy B-roads and roundabouts to enjoy the benefits of the UNIbraces and especially with a Quaife diff as well.

:thumbup: