GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf R Uncovered!

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Best they keep it without a badge, coz they will have to produce six or so variant badges for the same engine :lol:

My engine cover has an Audi badge on it. :thumbsup:

The lack of an R badge on the cover is a bit pants, but is not really a big deal.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
The back doesn't look as good as the MkV R32. Too pedestrian for me.
The front is better that the MKVI GTI but it still can't hold a candle to the MKV GTI for aggressiveness. On looks alone the Scirocco R is more aggressive looking of the two.

All MO of course.

Last edited:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
I don't like it :yikes:

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
fucking HOT thats how! :eyebulge:

better than the CHs? i think so!

Nice work Mark. Those p-chop skills are coming on strong. I couldn't resist a quick shot myself.

IheartHUFF.jpg

What can I say, I love the huff.

No liking the actual floor shots much either.

Other wheel options:
GTI-R-Volk-RE30.jpg
GTI-R-Advan-F7.jpg
GTI-R-Enkei-RS05.jpg
GTI-R-Dymag.jpg

Last edited:

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
But I'm guessing the R36 does meet Euro V regs, so, in theory I can see where Androo is coming from on that point.

Although, I also agree with your point about turbos and efficiency. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I should have clarified. UPCOMING emissions regulations. The VR6 in all forms will be discontinued next year, including in the R36.

Cheers

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
so no more passat r36 and CC vr6??

damn what a shame, nice motors they are!!

Panman

Frequent Modder
The back doesn't look as good as the MkV R32. Too pedestrian for me.
The front is better that the MKVI GTI but it still can't hold a candle to the MKV GTI for aggressiveness. On looks alone the Scirocco R is more aggressive looking of the two.

All MO of course.

If they did an AWD version of the Scirocco R I'd take it in preference, but if not this'll do.

The fuel economy, tunability and ease of extracting extra performance from a Turbo has to be weighed against the V6 engine note from my perspective.

The minor stuff like wheels, rear valance etc is stuff I'd change anyway - those Ultras look better on the MK 6 than they do on my MK V - I'd take the Ultras off my R32 and put em on the MK 6 if I went that way.

fbruxel

stig's brother
Car(s)
07 GTI DSG
will it come in 5 door and other colors? I'm so over the .:R blue; it was very nice when it first pop'd around but specially in a Golf R would look too much like the R32 for the untrained eye. besides, the grey R32s look much more exotic than the blue ones these days in my opinion.

The blue R32 looked good also because of the silver grill, the new one doesn't have it so it's a bit MEH...

I don't like the wheels but I think is the color, not the shape... if they were gunmetal or black in a white or grey car it would look seriously hot...

I wasn't keen on "upgrading" to an MK6 because the word "upgrade" seems incorrect when you're going to the same car, just an evolution of it... but after seeing the stats, in particular the 5.5sec 0-100km/h it's become a lot more appealing :)

After all, it's been pretty hard to find faults on the GTI that any car under 70-80k can beat and be better all-round... well done VW

In regards to those Sirocco shots, bring that car here tomorrow and I'm signing for one! WAYYY hotter than the Golf!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Yeah mate, I've been doing Honours in Econ. so I've been a little time poor this year! I've still got 10,000 words to go on my thesis too, so I won't be around much in the next 2 months either!

But yeah, this car is gorgeous. The interior sucks (especially that horrid steering wheel), but I love the wheels, the tailights, the front end, the mirrors, everything. Something tells me the MK6 GTI will come to be known as the poor man's R20! I had no intention of upgrading, but when I start work next year, R20 here I come!

Cheers

Sounds like you're under the pump, an new R would be a good reward.. :thumbsup:

Interesting, It looks better than S3, goes the same and cheaper at the same time.

That basically sums it up and should be 10k cheaper is my guess, similar to the current ones. Still wont feel quite as luxurious but shuold be almost as good.

I don't think the R20 will hold the same prestige as the R32, MK4/MK5... I still think they should of put the R36 engine in it.

I wouldnt mind an R36 engine in mine but it would just be more uneconomical and alread understeers enough.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
fucking HOT thats how! :eyebulge:

better than the CHs? i think so!

Good effort, cheers..

Looks good to me, and they aren't rounded much so suit the car :thumbsup:

I love the CH's on it as well, and the supers go good as well... actually most wheels do that look good on the MK5.

Nice work Mark. Those p-chop skills are coming on strong. I couldn't resist a quick shot myself.

Was wondering what CW would be like, and looks killer with your Huffs.

will it come in 5 door and other colors? I'm so over the .:R blue; it was very nice when it first pop'd around but specially in a Golf R would look too much like the R32 for the untrained eye. besides, the grey R32s look much more exotic than the blue ones these days in my opinion.

It's fairly good that the shape and colour isn't dramatically different as the current ones will hold their value that way. The tunability is the obvious benefit but DBP is the classic Golf R colour. The blue looks a bit lighter but thought there could have been a different brouchure colour this time.

Last edited:

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
don't have a problem with its look other than would like to see officially what it looks like at the frankfurt.