GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post the last picture of your MK5 and let's see how they are holding up...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nice...always wanted to paint all my lower bits TR. Caliper's? TTRS?

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Nice...always wanted to paint all my lower bits TR. Caliper's? TTRS?

Yea, they’re TTRS take offs. They’ve been on the car for about 30k mi now through two winters. I’ve been debating painting them r32 OEM blue. [emoji849]

I do also have a set of new brake caliper carriers that will let me move them inward to the stock rotor-size /caliper location and maybe I’ll run the mk7 Gti clubsport rotors or just some regular r32 rotors instead of these ttrs rotors. We shall see - cheaper rotors is appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubber2k

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's mine, Precision Turbo Stage 3 on a swapped MK6 Golf R engine with stronger internals. At this moment still at shop for clutch upgrade, and custom Eurodyne tune. Waiting to get done...

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tallawah

Greetings. Does anyone know what brand of rims is this? I just saw them in an airport and I think they would look good on my Mk5

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Builtnotbought81

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi Mk5 2005
What’s your wheel set up if you don’t mind telling me ?

Are you referring to the actual wheel size/width/depth?

Unfortunately, if you are asking me more in depth information ie, ride height, toe in etc then unfortunately I don't have the answer. This is a new project for me but once I've replaced the suspension and get it sitting professionally I will no doubt repost a before and after photograph. Won't be completed for another 5-6 weeks all being well.

:thumbsup:

Builtnotbought81

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi Mk5 2005
Here's mine...but it is S3 K04, S3 fmic, S3 injectors, plus ↓ stuff in sig, and GIAC K04 HO tuned; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjGB_mCly64

Your's tuned or not? 100mph should about your trap in the 1/4mi if just tuned...but 15.4s would be a bit high if tuned. Seems non-tuned but yeah...if tuned or even stock...these are quite a rush.

Truthfully, I am not 100% certain about the exact level of tuning or mods it yet because I only purchased recently as a project. It seems to have had some work done to it but quite a poor attempt by the previous owner . I've completely stripped it down and in mid rebuild atm. I can say the DV has been relocated to the front of engine but whether it's a K04 or K03 I am unsure tbh ?
So far i have personally fitted myself all new interior including electric functions, exhaust system, induction, discs & calipers, chassis brace, rocker cover , coils & plugs etc. New coolant pipes, radiator & thermostat. Today I'm installing front bumper with new headlights & fogs , finishing touch will be new suspension and a full respray in about 7 weeks from now.

I'm going to check out your link now buddy :fighting0030:

Builtnotbought81

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi Mk5 2005
Here's mine...but it is S3 K04, S3 fmic, S3 injectors, plus ↓ stuff in sig, and GIAC K04 HO tuned; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjGB_mCly64

Your's tuned or not? 100mph should about your trap in the 1/4mi if just tuned...but 15.4s would be a bit high if tuned. Seems non-tuned but yeah...if tuned or even stock...these are quite a rush.

Yeah, just watched your clip. I can't remember exactly as I was too busy holding on to the wheel and smiling greatly :biggrin: but I wouldn't say mine is too far off from the acceleration in your video. I must admit mine certainly isn't as loud as yours. I did however only have a downpipe running with stock centre resonator and rear silencer.

Do you run a straight pipe on yours?

:w00t:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Truthfully, I am not 100% certain about the exact level of tuning or mods it yet because I only purchased recently as a project. It seems to have had some work done to it but quite a poor attempt by the previous owner . I've completely stripped it down and in mid rebuild atm. I can say the DV has been relocated to the front of engine but whether it's a K04 or K03 I am unsure tbh ?
So far i have personally fitted myself all new interior including electric functions, exhaust system, induction, discs & calipers, chassis brace, rocker cover , coils & plugs etc. New coolant pipes, radiator & thermostat. Today I'm installing front bumper with new headlights & fogs , finishing touch will be new suspension and a full respray in about 7 weeks from now.

I'm going to check out your link now buddy :fighting0030:
Apologies for such a delay. Been working on many home projects getting ready to sell. You doing'er justice for sure. What suspension are you going to choose? Can't wait to see a build thread with progress updates.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, just watched your clip. I can't remember exactly as I was too busy holding on to the wheel and smiling greatly :biggrin: but I wouldn't say mine is too far off from the acceleration in your video. I must admit mine certainly isn't as loud as yours. I did however only have a downpipe running with stock centre resonator and rear silencer.

Do you run a straight pipe on yours?

:w00t:
No straight pipe but nearly. It's a Techtonics Turbo-back, no cat, and a small Borla.