GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv throttle body nightmare

Dtones2298

Hey everyone, I’m knew here. Got my 2009 mkv gti a few months ago and have just been reading through the threads on here. After shifting pretty hard (6k) on one of my shifts I got the epc light and went into limp mode. Went away after turning off and back on but does come back on after about 5 miles of driving. The code shown is p0221. I do have Obdeleven. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

Dtones2298

I have the tsi so no cam follower. I've narrowed it down to the throttle body, the tb harness which I know there is a tsb for or the accelerator pedal. is there a way to individually check these parts to see which would be the problem. Should vw still fix the harness if it isn't under warranty because they messed up from the start

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Your TSI does have a cam follower, it just happens to be a roller type and not flat like in the FSI.

The test procedure for that code P0221 on a TSI can be found in erWin ect, unfortunately I only have them for BPY at the moment. I am sure someone has the correct pin location at ECU to check on the TSI for this code.

Dtones2298

Is there any chance that this could be from a dv spacer. I highly doubt it is but I wanna exhaust every option till I’m forced to replace things